1.05.2008

A New Normal


I had some pics to post, as always--- but got sidetracked and started flipping through all the DRAFTS in my files... the posts that never got finished or I decided not to post for whatever reason. Many of them were from when Jake was little(r), like over a year ago. And it just made me laugh a little. There was a post about whether or not I should learn how to knit, and the post about reality TV and how I was sick so I spent a few days on the couch watching TV... and the funny part was my thinking about how life changes, what's 'normal' changes and morphs to a new normal. I couldn't dare spend a day on the couch now, even if I tried!

When I had Jake, I remember thinking back to when it was just Kevin & I, and thinking how I had so much time, and wondering why I didn't scrapbook more, take dance classes, go to the gym, and use that time better- because it was so much harder to do any of that stuff with a baby. It is a pretty amazing thought, to imagine being able to just GO somewhere. Not thinking about who will watch kids, feeding & nap times, how long I'll be gone... to just get up and decide to go to the gym or take a yoga class or something... I feel like those times are so far in the past and SOOO far in the future!

So anyways, fastfoward to now-- as I read those posts written during my mommy-of-one-hood, I'm thinking about even how much more time I had then! I'm not being negative at all. And I'm really not making much sense but it did to me. You know, when you go to College, you realize that High School was a piece of cake. When you have 2 babies, you realize that 1 baby was a piece of cake. Isn't it great that God helps us to stretch & grow!?!

I've heard that once you have two babies, that it doesn't matter after that how many you have-- that the 3rd & 4th are just added in without a problem. Funny! I guess you are already used to having no time.

Well, maybe life does get harder but it also gets richer, fuller, more beautiful-- and what "normal" is certainly does change. Thank goodness that my new life with two babies is now starting to feel like a "new normal" instead of absolute insanity!

And I'm also so thankful for all that God has been teaching me through my experiences during the last 2 months.

Here are a few pics I snapped yesterday when the boys were wearing their matching pjs.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said. :)

I think every day I still have absolute insanity, but only within the context of my 'normal' life with 2 toddlers.

I was commenting to someone that after 2 babies, the days with just 1 baby were a piece of cake. My husband looked puzzled and said "Really? You think so?" Hmm, guess who is the one taking care of the babies?

:) Welcome to your new normal! :)

Megan said...

lol yah, maybe the insanity just becomes a part of the norm! haha

Angoraknitter said...

I'm glad to see Austin smiling! How's he doing with the tummy aches? I ask cause another friend of mine was having the same troubles with her baby boy...and I'm wondering if you've found something that worked yet so I can share with her your findings. She's just got mil docs...and they aren't helping her at all.

Megan said...

Hi! Yah, he's doing SO much better! He's still on the Zantac (I tried taking him off it twice and had to put him back on it), and we did Probiotics but took a little break from that. The MOST effective thing has been the chiropractics though. In my internet search, I read that 94% of babies with colic had an improvement with chiropractics. It's been amazing. From the first day, when we would leave his office, Austin was so comfy & peaceful. As soon as we did chiropracter, he started sleeping 5-hour stretches at nighttime (sometimes a bit longer). And within a week he was more peaceful *most* of the time (instead of just on chiropracter days). I would totally recommend it to ANYone! You can give her my email if she has any questions or wants to talk or needs support-- it really helped me to talk to people who had been in the same place as me, because those were a very difficult 6 weeks! HTH!