Lastnight I fought sleep. I don't know why! I sat on the couch --sleepy as ever-- with both boys sleeping and hubby at work... but I didn't want to sleep. I flipped through the channels of {trash!} that was on TV, looking for something to catch my interest. There are so many productive things I could have done. For one, my house is a disaster. But if I was looking for something relaxing or fulfilling to do, I could have picked up a book, my Bible, some photos to scrapbook, or a *dusty* yoga DVD. But no, I just watched Project Runway (which I do love, don't tell!) and then channel surfed. Maybe I needed some mindless veg-out time alone. My boys have been extra needy the past 4 days. Jake is cutting some teeth and has been SO fussy! So after a trying day with the boys, I ended up staying up *way* too late doing nothing, and woke up unequipped to handle another trying day of this fussy boy. (Unequipped, meaning definitely not rested enough!)
Basically, all I'm trying to say is that I'M TIRED TODAY! That's it! A paragraph later, I get it out! (Sorry, I'm the queen of tangents...)
Which brings me to the point of my post-- I wanted to share a piece of my morning. So we're all hurting a bit this morning. And I think I might have *another* cold coming on (I've already been sick 2 times in the last 2 months!), Jake's a bit miserable, oh and Austin, he's actually Mr. Smiley today- he's in the best shape of the three of us. So I decided that I could definitely use a treat. Of the caffeinated, sweet sort.
No showers, no breakfasts, no 'getting-ready'... Upon waking and Jake & Austin's milk, all were loaded up in the car and headed over to Dana Point to our nearest DRIVE-THROUGH Starbucks. (I probably passed a dozen coffee shops on the way, but none of which had the fabulous drive-through!)
I waited in a ridiculously long line of cars (out the parking lot and stacked along the edge of Pacific Coast Highway!) to order my coffee. At this point I had to make it worth my while, so I ordered a VENTI White Mocha with a pump of Gingerbread and whipped cream. Oh yah, nonfat of course. haha {Venti, so I can drink half today and half tomorrow morning... what a treat!} YES! The thought of this drink was already making me feel cozy and happy!
But then I took a sip. Something was wrong! I checked the label on the side... yep, they got my specifics correct. I put it back in the cupholder and head over to the beach on the way home. (So disappointed in my drink, contemplating stopping at one of the non-drive-through starbucks on the way home to get a different coffee, but decide it's not worth unloading & reloading the kids.) So instead I steered my way to the beach where we enjoyed watching waves and trains go by, and I got sidetracked by the fears of getting swept into the ocean, as the waves came up and over the sidewalk and into the parking lot, swishing under my car!!!! (I was the only one who immediately drove my car to the BACK of the parking lot, away from the intruding waves! Maybe I'm a scaredy cat, but the ocean is big and me and my kiddies are little!)
Back to the coffee... I spent my time and money on it, so I was determined to drink it! Two more small sips and confusion, trying to figure out what the deal is, a drive home as Jake begins to fuss, and three laps up and down our street with Jake while he expends some of his energy... and then finally we enter the yard and as I open the door a small amount of my coffee spills out and I immediately know what it wrong with it.
Do you see what's wrong with this picture?
{{GASP!}} It's COMPLETELY WHITE!
Apparently I have been sipping on warm flavored milk for the last hour. Because they forgot to put the coffee in my coffee. How does that happen?
All that (the packing kids up, the extra drive, the long line, the money), for nothing! Being the frugal mama that I am, I called them up and received a promise of a free cup tomorrow. So there you have it. My tale of woe, but with a little happy ending I guess- because tomorrow morning I have a warm, high-calorie, sugar loaded, caffeinated treat to look forward to! {Ugh, why does so bad have to taste oh so good?}
No comments:
Post a Comment