I've been caught up a lot in my little life lately. (That's a lot of "L"s!) It sometimes seems to be whirling by so fast (and I want to shout STOP! My boys are growing so fast, I want to savor it! TOO FAAST!)-- and other times it seems to be standing still... (those hard times when Austin is so uncomfortable and unconsolable, or when both boys are crying and I have to pee and the doorbell is ringing and the oven has been preheated for 4 hours but I just haven't had the chance to put the dinner IN it)... it's during THOSE times that the horrible thought pops in my head: "When will this be over!?!" or sometimes even: "Will I get through this?" I know it sounds dramatic, but I have those postpartum hormones and the 7-weeks of sleep deprivation to thank for that. Most of the time those thoughts are fleeting, but sometimes they stay a bit longer. I'm being way too honest here! lol
So as I was saying, my mind is totally stuck in my own circumstances lately especially during the harder moments. I pray for strength, guidance, grace, peace...
When today I read of a family who needs prayers for a miracle. It was in a bloggie friend of mine's website. She also cited the website of a family who experienced answered prayers (a miracle!) in a seemingly hopeless situation (hopeless, if you don't know our God of hope and healing!)
I just had a bit of a wake-up call tonight. It really puts things in perspective, thinking about the devastating circumstances that this family is facing, and especially their faith in the Lord as they go through it. And the many other people experiencing trials far more difficult than I have faced in my life. How could I feel so overwhelmed and hopeless at times in my own trivial circumstances (especially when I have nothing to feel sorrow for), when there are others facing such terrible tribulations. I am wasting my energy when what I want to be doing is praying for those who really need it, and focusing on all that I have to give thanks for.
I was also very inspired by this woman. (Author of above-mentioned/cited website) I actually couldn't stop reading. So many of the things she wrote spoke to me on such a personal level!
So as I was saying, my mind is totally stuck in my own circumstances lately especially during the harder moments. I pray for strength, guidance, grace, peace...
When today I read of a family who needs prayers for a miracle. It was in a bloggie friend of mine's website. She also cited the website of a family who experienced answered prayers (a miracle!) in a seemingly hopeless situation (hopeless, if you don't know our God of hope and healing!)
I just had a bit of a wake-up call tonight. It really puts things in perspective, thinking about the devastating circumstances that this family is facing, and especially their faith in the Lord as they go through it. And the many other people experiencing trials far more difficult than I have faced in my life. How could I feel so overwhelmed and hopeless at times in my own trivial circumstances (especially when I have nothing to feel sorrow for), when there are others facing such terrible tribulations. I am wasting my energy when what I want to be doing is praying for those who really need it, and focusing on all that I have to give thanks for.
I was also very inspired by this woman. (Author of above-mentioned/cited website) I actually couldn't stop reading. So many of the things she wrote spoke to me on such a personal level!
BUT, I think I've divulged enough personal information for the night, so I won't be expanding too much on that!
I will just share one little quote I ran across on her blog that I thought was cute:
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans."
And how I related it to my life.
And how I related it to my life.
You know, Austin was a "surprise" and I had a hard time accepting the idea of having another baby so soon. It was not exactly in MY PLAN. Even though we've had a tough time adjusting to having two babies, the thing is, my plan was a bad plan. And this is God's perfect plan for me and my life. What could be better? I was meant to be this baby's mama, and at exactly this time. He is so precious and amazing and beautiful. I love his little life, I love his soul, I love everything about him and am so thankful for his presence in my life.
And to think that he wouldn't be here if all had gone according to my plan...
So I whole-heartedly agree with the sentiment that was expressed in said post:
"Man, what a bad plan, eh? Look what we would have missed out on..."

No comments:
Post a Comment