Productivity! (I had no choice!) Yesterday I finished the last-minute shopping I had to do. I spent the entire day out with the boys... we started out at CostCo, had lunch, dropped groceries off at home, straight to chiropracters, and then to WalMart... wooh! It was a full day!!! Today I also forced myself to be majorly productive, even after a *horrible* night lastnight! Jake wouldn't take his first nap, and I worked straight through his 2nd nap (or should I say wrapped... Almost all the gifts are wrapped! No bows yet though.) Housework is halfway there, just have to fold some laundry and mop tonight after Jake's asleep. And tomorrow morning, my LAST task... is to fix the Christmas tree! I haven't re-decorated it since it fell a few weeks ago, but it has to be ready for Christmas morning! Oh yeah, and I have lots of baking to do!!! I bought butter/milk/eggs in bulk in preparation, but I also bought some pre-made cookie dough because I know my life and, although I've been DYING to bake for the last 4 weeks, who knows if I'll actually be able to with these little guys! Cross your fingers that I get some me-time in the kitchen tomorrow (ahh, that would be wonderful!)


What are your Christmas traditions? We haven't gone to church since Austin was born. But we *HAVE* to go to a Christmas Eve service!!! Last year was my first year EVER missing the eve service, because Jake was 5-months-old and sound asleep, and we were tired & let it slide, but I was sad later! I am desperate to go to church- Austin has just been so difficult during his unconsolable times that we haven't been able to every time we try! But we're going to try on Monday. I *will* get there. Whether or not we'll be able to stay there is another story! But we're getting there.
Austin has been sooo smiley today! He turned 7-weeks old yesterday. His first smile was at 4 weeks, but he hasn't 'practiced' this new skill very often, and I haven't been able to get it on camera. Today he was babbling away and smiling lots, it was so cute! The pics above were the best I could get, though. That sweet smile comes so quick and then it's gone before my (slow) camera captures! These pics are of the aftermath of the cute wide-mouthed "laugh" smiles. He's so cute!
(This little Christmas outfit came in the mail today from a friend of mine from work. I HAD to put it on immediately and snap some pics. SO CUTE! He'll be wearing this Christmas morning)
1 comment:
Megan,
I am so full of happiness for you! I can only imagine all you have your hands full with and had to laugh about redecorating the tree, too funny! These really are the good ol days, enjoy!!!
and I have complete faith that you WILL get to church! You just get up and go, God doesn't care about a little baby crying, or his mama either! You just go, he'll do the rest!
big hugs, and merry wishes to you all,
Dede
Post a Comment