10.26.2007

Some Cutie-PaTootie Boys!!!



Here are the cousin-boys, Jake & Robby, in their Halloween costumes. They were so cute together! (Spider & Cheetah)


Kevin's Aunt (Carleen) was in town to visit & got to meet the two 'great' nephews for the first time. It was such a nice time hanging out, but I'm afraid I was a little tired & preoccupied, that I feel like it flew by too fast. I barely got to 'really' talk to anybody & am so *totally* bummed that I didn't even get a picture of Jake with his great auntie!!!! What is wrong with me!?!? (Have you ever done that? Gone to a get-together, and drove away thinking, "I barely *really* talked to anybody!")

Chalk it up to my hurty/crampy pregnant tummy... which is actually a good thing because today we have an exciting progress report... I'm 1 cm dilated!!! Not that it means much- last time I was 1cm for 3 weeks before Jake actually came. But it's still exciting! The doctor could feel baby's little head (he's head-down, obviously). The closer it gets, the more excited I get. I can't wait to hold my sweet baby boy!!


So I'm (pretty much) ready for him to come. I do want him to stay in at least another week, of course. (He'll be "term" on Wed, plus Grandma Judy has to get back in town first!) But it feels soooo good to have my biggest 'loose ends' finally tied!! His closet is done! Changing table ready! Cloth diapers in the mail- and my grandma, mom & I are having a diaper-sewing marathon tomorrow to fluff up my stash. And the most exciting thing ever... is THIS!!! (see pic)


I know it's not baby-related, but it's been hanging over my head for so long and it makes me feel more organized & 'ready' run this home more effectively in the midst of mommy-of-two-hood. Whatever that means, I can't really explain it.

Before Jake was born we tore out our storage nook, with the intention of getting a desk & storage unit to put in it's place. (We did it because Jake's room was the 'computer room', and so we would need a new place for the computer stuff.) I've regretted it ever since, because we lost a ton of storage, but never replaced it with a desk or storage! For the last 17 months we've been sitting in a chair, crouched over a piano bench (our make-shift "computer desk") in this empty nook in the living room/hallway. Ugh! So ugly, embarassing, & uncomfortable!


So my wonderful father-in-law, who is the most talented wood-worker I've ever seen, offered to make us a custom unit. Look at how PERFECT it is!!! I can't believe he made it for us, and how it fits our needs so perfectly. We have storage and a desk and, on top of that, it's BEAUTIFUL! (P.S. the keyboard & mouse will go in the drawer... we just have to adjust the wood a little because our keyboard is thick.)

Before Jake was born, he also made us the most amazing changing table ever-- I told him what I wanted, showed pics for ideas, and he *made* it. Everything he's ever made us has SOOOOO exceeded my expectations/imaginations! I just can't say enough about it! So I had to show it off. (P.S. the wood looks a little orange in the picture, but it's not, it's a perfect brown.)

So I am able to take all of our 'office' stuff (envelopes, stamps, bills, files, pens, etc) out of the boxes & baskets, bags & piles, and they now have an organized home and we have more living space. Feng Shui! Ahh it feels so good! Stay tuned... we have more projects on the way in the next few months!!! (A new linen cabinet, drawer set, and toddler bed!)


I know, my blog is super exciting, right? LOL
Sorry!


Fire update- family is all well and properties intact! Sis still at friends house with the baby. Their home & business is fine but their neighbor (4-houses-down) lost their home. These fires have been so devastating to so many. On a bit brighter note, Jake got to go outside today for the 1st time in 5(?) days. He was LOVING it! So nice to be able to breathe a bit better! Things are looking up as the fires are moving away from homes and getting closer to containment, but the firefighters are still working around the clock.


Anyways, hopefully this next week brings some fun and exciting things. Halloween fun, pumpkin carving, maybe some creative creations (knitting, sewing, scrapbooking), yummy cooking, family time, and of course some more cleaning/organizing... that's my plan anyways. What are yours?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That desk is beautiful!!! Amazing work!!! I Love to read your blogs, you crack me up!!! Glad to hear you and your family are safe after those terrible fires!! Take care...Bri