THE FIRES
Here's a quick little update on us & the fires.
{{And a great website on the San Diego fires... the San Diego County Emergency Homepage.}}
As you know, there are fires popping up everywhere in So Cal. And, as you may or may not know, most of our family is in San Diego (where many of the fires are concentrated)-- and we have family members out there fighting them.
So I just wanted to post a little update- thank you to all those who have been concerned about our safety! We're all doing great. "Our" firefighters are all safe, (Kevin's brother,his uncle, & my nephews dad (former-bro-in-law)). They are working so hard with very little sleep.
My sister and her family (with newborn Finn) have been mandatory evacuated and are safely staying with a friend. Their home is intact at this time, and I pray it stays so. The Fallbrook (Mission) fire is a few blocks east of their house, but across the highway. We also have family in Ramona (Kev's aunt/uncle/cousins) who has been evacuated as well. I've been thinking about them a lot, especially with uncle being out fighting the fire as well. They are all safe, but I haven't heard about their properties. His/our cousin JUST moved into her home the week or two prior!
My in-laws have voluntary evac orders, but the fire is nowhere near them & all are safe. (FIL has a fire/disaster radio as he's a retired fire captain, so they're still in their home & listening for all the updates... no mandatory orders.) My parents are in Lakeside where there have been some evacs, but sofar it looks like they'll be out of the path of the fire/evacuations. Other siblings/family doing well.
Oh yah, and us! We're not really near the fires- the Irvine fire is about 20-30 miles north and the San Marcos is about 20-25? miles south of us, so we just have lots of ashes raining around us. Staying indoors & being creative to keep Jake busy & stimulated, (hating keeping him cooped up for 3-days!)
Please keep our firefighter family members in your prayers (and their wives/family members at home waiting) -- as well as all of the firefighters & police officers out there. And a quick prayer as well for our families, friends, and all those who are affected by the fires.
In other household news... I've been nurturing a sick hubby, a baby recovering from tummy bug & coming down with daddy's cold, who also just cut his bottom left molar (#4) & had vaccines... As well as preparing the nest for the new baby! I still have 4 weeks to go, (36 weeks), hopefully he'll come a little early! Maybe at 38 wk? Of course, when he's ready... but a girl can wish!
Today's 'nesting' task... I'm rearranging Jake's drawers, splitting closet space, & pulling out some of Jake's old clothes for the new baby. I started making the changing table a table-for-two! It's hard to fit two sizes of diapers on there! (& imagine having a diaper bag for two... how will I ever fit everything I need for 2 babies in ONE diaper bag!?) lol Lastnight I placed another order for some itty-bitty-fluffies! (translation: some more newborn cloth diapers, so cute and soft!) I think my stash will finally be complete, I've been building it up slowly over the last few months- thanks to my *favorite* online diaper store, Nicki's Diapers.
And maybe if I feel like SITTING DOWN (imagine that!), I can try for the 20th time to get the carseat cover off of the newborn carseat so I can wash it. Now that's a nice relaxing down-time project, isn't it? Because, god-forbid I actually sit down and accomplish NOTHING for a few minutes of my day! haha The crazy busy-ness of an expecting mama... I wish I had this much drive all the time! {{I'll admit, I probably spent an hour pampering my feet lastnight as we watched news coverage during Jake's nap... felt like I was 'wasting time', but my feet felt sooo goooood! After doing a pampering treatment & pedicure (minus the paint), I put a thick overnight salve on them and let them REST-- then put socks over it for the rest of the evening. I want soft feet when I'm in my birthing time!}}
I hope you and yours are all doing well~*
No comments:
Post a Comment