I have officially gotten the "go-ahead" (from my sister) to share her wonderful news! Remember in my 'New Years' post, when I made mention of some exciting news in our family? Well, my big sis, Christine, is pregnant! This is not just *any* pregnancy... she's been told since she was a teenager that she wouldn't be able to have children, and has spent the last 15-20 years trying/praying/hoping. I don't want to divulge any more personal info than that, but I want to just emphasize that this baby is our little miracle baby and our entire family is absolutely ECSTATIC!!! She and baby are both doing great- healthy and growing (love that little baby bump!)... she's 16 weeks today (woo hoo!) In a few weeks I'll get to broadcast whether I will have a new niece or nephew! She is so radiant and is going to be the best momma ever! I forgot to take a tummy pic of her when she came over the other night (shoot!) but here's a pic with her & Jake.
Speaking of new babies-- My sister-in-law's baby shower was today. Doesn't Danielle look BEAUTIFUL!?!?!

I was just thinking that my little nephew is going to be sooo cute, with the two gene-pools he's coming from! I was excited to hear that more of our family members read my blog than I thought! It made me want to share more family pictures than I do. So, here are a few. (Above: Kev's cousin, Jenn, Jake, Dani, & me. Below: Kev's aunt, mom, gma, sis-in-law, wife & son: Karla, Judy, Ann, Dani, & us! What a lucky man Kevin is, to have such a wonderful family! I wish we were able to spend more time together.) Fun! If you see a picture that you want- all you have to do is right-click it and select save-- and you can choose where on your computer that you want it.
Here is a picture that Kevin's aunt Chris sent me of her grandkids. (Chris, I hope you don't mind my posting it. I can easily delete it if you don't want it online.) I guess they would be Kevin's 2nd cousins: Daizey (7), Matthew (3), and Anthony (10). They are absolutely darling and I hear such great stories about them- I can't wait to meet them!

And of course, my newest favorite picture of Jake. It's so hard to choose because he is just so dang cute!!!! I answered a questionaire e-mail, and one of the questions was "What is your favorite sound" and my immediate answer was the sound of my sons laughter! He is so full of life, he's so bright and beautiful, he makes our hearts full and overflowing! Mommyhood has forever changed me and I know it will continue to do so. There's nothing like it! Sometimes I imagine Jake getting older and it makes me sad to think I won't always be able to kiss his little toes (I may not always WANT to! Boys feet get gross!) But you know what I'm saying-- one day he won't want to snuggle and he might go straight in his room after school without telling me about his day... But for now I can kiss him all I want! I'll deal with that when it happens. (dread!) People say boys never leave their moms, but they do. They get wives! Mother-son relationships are never as close as mother-daughter. Daughters are the ones who become best friends with their moms! (You just have to get through the explosive adolescent years... that's when girls are the hardest!) Okay enough rambling! Those are MY "deep thoughts" for the day~*
2 comments:
i love hearing about all the goings on i your world. sooo happy for your sister, and her little one. great pictures, your son is just as cute as can be!! enjoy the toes now, they'll never be this sweet... i'm thinking smashing bugs, baseball cleats, stinky socks and all that goes with being the mother of a little boy!
I love those dimples!!! Bath pictures are so fun! Love, Bri and Julia
Post a Comment