3.19.2007

Our BIG BOY!!!!!

And a post about baby gear!!! Jake is sorta growing out of his infant carseat. (His feet hang over & the straps are tight on his shoulders- he's so long!) We knew that when he outgrew his infant seat we would be buying a new stroller too, because his stroller was the "snap-&-go" style carseat-carrier type. We just didn't think it'd be so soon! So he got his new carseat last week- he looks like such a big boy in it! (Below: looking COOL in his old Graco SnugRide, and now in his new Britax Boulevard... it'll last until he's 65 pounds and can be forward or rear facing!)
And this was the hardest part... the stroller search. After much research, we finally found the perfect one! It's the Phil & Ted's E3 stroller, and I got an AMAZING deal on it during the USA Baby St. Patty's Day sale! ($300 off!!!) We'd been looking for single strollers that convert to doubles (for when we have more). {{Why buy another single stoller now, only to have to get a double in another year or two!?! I'm so *over* buying baby gear for a while!}} So this one won, closely followed by the Valco Rebel. The most important features for me were weight (this is the lightest double I've seen), and size. I hate those huge bulky double strollers- this one is so maneuverable too! Since we don't have two yet, I wanted a single option. It'll get tons of use because it holds kids up to 4 years or 88 pounds. (Or 55 lb in front & 33 lb in back.) Jake loves both seats/positions. Here are pics of two of the configurations. You can also set it up in a newborn/toddler configuration, and you can get a kit that allows any infant carseat to hook-in. So perfect!! We've loved our snap&go but I wish I had known about this one initially. It can also be a jogger. We went on our first walk/run today and it was so smooth and light!!! (Below: Jake & Great-grandpa Brunson, in his Graco Snap&Go stroller, and then pics of Jake in the new E3 stroller)
P.S. Jake seems really comfy in the "back seat" & there's room to grow. I've heard that kids actually fight over the back seat. (I was concerned that there was no view but I guess it won't be an issue.) I can't believe how quickly Jake is growing up!!!! These two items should get us along for a *lot* of years! Hope my research and baby gear saga helps someone somewhere! I asked SO many people for their reviews and opinions during the last few months~*


2 comments:

Dede Warren said...

while my baby gear buying days have long been over, i love seeing the pictures of jake. he is becoming quite the model! i especially like him in the new car seat with his legs straight out, as if to show how much more room he has now! pretty cute little guy you have there miss megan, thanks for sharing!!

Angoraknitter said...

We're big fans of Britax...way to go! We bought our dreamer design ditto in 2003, a couple years before your new stroller was introduced. I always want to see the newest jogger strollers when one hits the street. It's fun to see. I still use the ditto for Peter and Charlotte, and sometimes one of the big kids wil let Felicity ride instead...so the mai tei still gets a lot of use, lol.