2.26.2007

The $20 Tshirt!
I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but $20 for a baby's t-shirt is a lot to me! I actually didn't look at the prices (RARE!)... all it took was the manager of the store befriending me, talking about her grandbabies, and telling me that she'd give me 10% off an outfit for Jake. She helped me pick out the most darling board shorts ($30) and this Tshirt- both sooo cute! So the money is already spent, so I guess I'll have to keep it, right? But look how this shirt fits! He wears size 9-month, so I bought 12-month, thinking he could wear it a while. It fits tight-ish! But the sleeves and length are both long. Very strange! So we're taking it back, but it's so cute I had to get a pic of him in his new surf shirt. All of his 12-mo clothes are too big. (The pants he's wearing it with are size 12-mo, rolled once at the bottoms and at the top.) He has a long-sleeve onesie underneath but it shouldn't make that much of a difference. Anyways, doesn't he look like a cute little surfer boy!?! He's gonna be so cute at his swim lessons!






Speaking of duds... It's time to say goodbye to the special little sleeper from Dada. It is the first thing Kevin ever bought for baby, a Christmas gift when I was just 3-months pregnant! It's so cute and sweet and I think I've squeezed Jake into it the last time, it barely zips up! (P.S. The 1st thing I ever bought Jake was for xmas too, at 3 months preggo... a baby pair of uggs! Which he never wore but they're soooo cute!!)
So I hope you are all doing well! I haven't been doing much creating lately. A little bit of scrapbooking but that's it. We've been busy "baby whispering"- helping Jake sleep better. We had some difficult days but we got it all taken care of and now he's sleeping so good and our bedtime routine is sooo wonderful! He's back to his normal self again. Some bad sleeping habits had crept in, and we were seeing shorter naps and lots of rocking/walking/contact to sleep. I love snuggling to sleep, but I want him to be able to sleep without us too. (I really have to catch up on some housework!) Today he took a 2-hour nap all by himself, just like the olden-days, & I felt like a new woman because I was able to shower, BLOWDRY MY HAIR!, do my MAKEUP, get dressed, SHAVE, AND make TWO phonecalls! AND check email too! LOL

2 comments:

Angoraknitter said...

The shirt is very cute! Maybe it's suppose to look like a rash guard or something?

Dede Warren said...

i love hearing all about the baby days of jake! so much fun to relive the good, the bad, and the sleepless. enjoy these really are the good ol days!!!