5.02.2008

THIS...
made me cry like a baby yesterday!!!!


Jake is transitioning out of the crib. It's been anticipated since I got pregnant with Austin. I knew it was coming, and wasn't the slightest bit emotional about it. I set up his toddler bed on Wednesday with excitement. But yesterday he took his 2nd nap in it. I left his room feeling so proud of him. But the moment I sat down at my computer desk, I just started crying!

My baby isn't a baby anymore! It is going WAY too fast!!! I simply can't get enough but these babies, they keep growing and changing and each stage ends just as quickly as it begins. Ahh, I love them! I just want a little more time being right here. Can't we just slow this thing down!?!

(P.S. those pics from camera phone, sorry poor quality)



So while we're on the subject of babies and the way they make time travel at warp-speed... Austin is SIX MONTHS OLD today!!!! I can. not. believe it. It's truely impossible. He has been getting a bit hysterical lately, he thinks his brother is hi.larious, and I *love* it! I have a thing for baby laughter. (Don't we all?!?) And especially when it comes from my own babies!



Here are a few pics from a recent girl day at the Carlsbad Flower Fields. We had so much fun, relishing in all the photo ops this beautiful place provided. (Oh, but did I mention that I FORGOT my camera!?!) Thanks to my sweet friend Liz, who took some pics for me with her camera!


And one last brother picture-- this was at about 6:00 am this morning. Isn't is wonderful how wide awake they are? Look at the energy and finesse that my son is radiating. I wish my face looked like that at six o'clock in the morning! I'm a night owl who has always wanted to be a morning person. I try! I try every day! I work early, my kids wake early... but I just am not a morning person. I hope they remain morning people though. It'll help them a lot in life!


I just re-read this post and it sounds so punchy and choppy. I don't care. What mom of two babies has time to edit! I barely have time to write anything, as you may have noticed. So there you have it, my un-edited train of thoughts. Kinda funny, not ha ha funny, but awkward funny-- but that's okay. This might be the norm around here. Have a great day & weekend!

I've been enjoying reading these blogs- written by three amazing & Godly women, whom I'm very thankful for! Ashleigh at Heart & Home (who expressed similar maternal sentiments as her baby turned 6 months yesterday!), Kimberly at A Planting of the Lord, and Jess at Mourning into Dancing. These girls rock! :) haha I'm not sure if I've ever said that before, but it's true anyway.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Megan!!! I love the new photos!!! You have the most beautiful and precious boys on the earth. You are doing an amazing job don't you ever forget! Hope to see you soon. Love, Bri

Shelly said...

Your young children are so adorable. They do grow up fast. Yeah, I wish we all could be so perky in the morning. Enjoy your weekend.

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Megan,

I just finished working out and saw your email before jumping in the shower...

I know your fear. My husband and I worked for the Hayward PD, a city just outside of Oakland. Shootings were a regular occurance and actually, to be totally honest, my husband's beat partner was shot three times during three different incidents. He is fine. I worked the same graveyard shift as my husband and when he would go out on a traffic stop and run the subject, it was me who would see the criminal record of the person, often times a parolee with a violent record and I would try and send him cover and of course he would decline my cover. I think you have it harder though. The unknown is the worst, not having a clue as to what is going to happen each night. BUT, and I put that in capital letters my friend..BUT FOR GOD! God is in this, He really and truly is. I know your husband works for a busy agency and you might think your odds are much higher for something to happen to him, but that is FALSE. There are no such thing as odds in God's book. God knows our days and there is not a thing we can do to change that. I now your husband works for a busy agency but that has nothing to do with God's timing in our lives. If anything Megan, having your husband work for such a busy agency will be a tool in God's hands to build up both yours and your husband's faith and trust in Him.

Oh, and it will make you a mighty prayer warrior along the way too!

I wish I could give you a great big hug right now. I wish I could listen to his radio traffic while at work. Whenever I think of you I will pray for both of you. God is using you Megan. You are together for a purpose, His purpose!

**********Phil. 4:6-7**********

Love, Joanne
p.s. sorry I spilled onto your blog. I didn't have your email.

Kimberly said...

I love the pictures with those gorgeous flowers! What a beautiful family!

My youngest just recently moved into a big girl bed. Sniff, sniff. How hard that was for me! I mean, we have had a crib up in our house for 6 and a half years. Now there is no crib. My babies are all growing up.

Thanks for linking to me. You are so sweet. I enjoy coming by here. You love your boys so much, and that is such a blessing to read about!
I hope you are having a great weekend!
Love and blessings,
Kimberly