Heart full of Thanks!Today was my baby celebration!!!! We had so much fun-- it was such a wonderful time. There is nothing like time spent with those we love. I know it sounds corny (& I hate that word!), but it's so true! I always leave feeling so happy, light and refreshed! I am so blessed to have each one of {you} in my life! My heart is truely full of thanks. Here are a few pictures from our party. I wish I had more! I need to gather pics from everybody elses cameras, since I didn't do too much clicking. I did, however, do a LOT of eating! I had FOUR cups of the yummy sparkling orange juice, a glass of wassail, an embarrassing amount of pumpking bread, and a small piece of the delicious cake... Holy Moly! (Not to mention all the other amazing food that was there... I can't imagine being hungry again for days!) ...ugh, I'm full!
This is me and (some of) the kids. My beautiful, amazing nieces: Anna, Gaby, Bailey (great-niece), and Mariah
They brighten my day! You can't be around them without smiling. I wish I had a picture with my other nieces (the adult & teenage ones), Beckie & Alyssa. They are all my stars, and grow up so fast! It's fun to watch these girls grow from little kiddies to little ladies!
This is my Grandma, who flew in from New York to be here. It was her first time meeting Jake and baby Finn (below). She made these two baby blankets for the baby- they are so beautiful and special! I only get to see my grandma every few years-- man, do I miss her!
Yesterday I brought a recipe & ingredients down to my mom's house to bake dessert for my Dad's Birthday. My grandma and I got to hang out in the kitchen and it was so much fun-- she's the best baker EVER, I got lots of tips from her! So we made this peach crisp with maple cream sauce recipe from the Pioneer Woman's cooking blog. Check it out... EVERYthing on her website looks amazing! I have dinners lined up for the week, all taken from her blog. I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, this dessert is amazing and you should definitely try it! Okay, back to the shower. Here's the other blanket my Grandma crocheted. 
Here's a pic of sweet baby Finn. He's 5-weeks old, and such a cutie. He's so strong, lifting his head up and looking around. D.a.r.l.i.n.g.
Me and one of my wonderful sisters, Shawna.
My sweet sister-in-law, Danielle, and her precious 5-month-old son, Robby. Look at his amazing eyes, he's going to be a lady killer! {my beautiful momma in the backgroud!}
Okay, that's it for pics! This may not be the end of them. Anyways, the shower turned out perfect. Thank you to everyone who worked to put it together, and to my mother-in-law for opening up her home to us! It was beautiful!!!
P.S. This probably sounds strange, but at the party I had a moment where it dawned on me that I'm actually having another BABY!!! I've had these moments throughout my pregnancy, but it never lingers in my head because I'm so busy with Jake I guess-- something about all those cute little outfits & baby gear made me stop and go WOAH... and my eyes got a little watery... This pregnancy has flown by & it just hit me that it's almost time and I'm actually going to be carrying another little precious baby in my arms & heart. I'll have my hands full, but I'm certain that I'll also have my heart full. I can't wait to meet this little bebe!
2 comments:
Megan it looks like you had a great time!! I am so happy for you! I will be in San Clemente on Thursday if you want to get together. Take care...Bri
What fun!! Baby showers are just the greatest... and you look absolutely adorable!
Post a Comment