
Nesting is in full-swing! Although it's killing me to have to limit my activity, due to the ridiculous fundal (uterine) pain I've been having. (Which has taken me off work 3 weeks earlier than anticipated!) I'm glad to finally have an answer to what is causing it (it's some sort of neuropathic pain caused by nerve entrapment, and is very rare but not dangerous at all), but nothing will really help it except birth. In the meantime, I'm DYING to get some stuff done but at the same time trying to take it slowly so I don't hurt too bad. It's very unsettling to have so much undone and baby's 'guess-date' approaching so quickly! Luckily, we have everything we need-- it's just some deep cleaning stuff I want to get done. RANDOM! All that was just to say that we're excited about baby, and happily preparing! Which brings me to:
I'm so sorry about yet another post about cloth diapers! But I think I revised the pattern a little so that it's a bit easier for me. (Changed the steps to creating the back edge & elastic. The front edge is just a bit less "finished" looking in the umbilical cord cutout, but it's worth it for me... I was having trouble with finishing the back the other way! And without the cord cutout, I'll be able to make the front look much better. Visions of alterations were running through my head as I tried to fall asleep lastnight!)
This one has an inner of black suedecloth and outer of 2mil black PUL, with a 3-layer microfiber sewn-in soaker.
Below are just 2 pictures (close-up) of the back elastic right after I did it-- I wanted to show Kayla. (Rest of the diaper is not done yet in those pics.)
Have a beautiful day, friends!!!
2 comments:
Your diapers are just adorable!! The nesting is starting to drive me insane these days... I didn't realize I could be so ridiculously obsessive about things!
Also, just wanted to let you know... our church is having a big special service this Sunday, with a meal afterward, a festival for the kids (bounce houses, games, cotton candy, popcorn, etc) and all sorts of fun stuff. I thought it might be kinda fun if you guys wanted to come down, and our families could meet and all that. From S.C., it would probably be about 25 mintues, and the later service doesn't start until 11:00. If you guys want to come down, let me know in a comment or an email and I'll give you my cell number so we can be in touch. :D
The early service starts at 8:30, and the late one at 11:00... so let me know if it works for you. It would be such fun to meet. :)
Post a Comment