So anyways, we finally had some much needed QT- quality time! We decided that the "to do" list would be there next weekend, but the opportunity may not. Today was amazing, we joined Kevin's dad & brother on their boat and cruised down the coast. The other guys dove (spearfishing) and Kevin and I threw in some lines. One of my favorite places to be is on the water. When I was in labor, the "special place" that I imagined to help me relax was: laying on a boat drifting on the water. I love the sound of the water and the rocking sensation, it's so peaceful. So today was really just what I needed. We saw a ton of jumping dolphins, some seals and sea lions, lots of fish and birds. It was beautiful. We brought home enough Calico (bass) to feed fish tacos to 6 people (until we were stuffed!) It was one of the first times Kevin and I had someone (gma) watch Jake so we could go out. (9 months ago we went to a wedding and to a rodeo, but we haven't been out since... can you believe it!?!)
And these pictures are from Sunday... some more family QT. After this weekend, I feel so rejuvenated (myself, and as a family)... if that makes any sense! (I did work Sat & Mon, but the way we spent Sun & Tues made up for it!) We just haven't done anything like this in so long and we really needed it. This was a little family trip to Pines Park-- Jakes first time to the playground. He was too small for most of the things, but he loved watching all the kids. The slide didn't impress him at all!

This picture is so beautiful- not us, but the picture. It's my family. This is my life! Of course there are more people and things in my life. But *this* is beautiful. I love these two guys, and this is what I want. Just us, together, happy. I'm so thankful- and in disbelief sometimes. Blessed ~ In ~ Love
1 comment:
Hey Megan, I am so glad you got some most deserved time with you husband and family. You guys are so cute! Love the family picture! Take care...Bri
Post a Comment