5.24.2007


Breast Cancer Fundraising (Survivor Crop... it's almost time again!!!)


As most of you know, I participate in a yearly Scrapbooking Breast Cancer Charity (with Ever After Scrapbooks and Susan G Koman Breast Cancer Foundation). I am always down-to-the-wire with my fundraising, and consequently, never meeting my lofty goals. Each year I've collected $100, but this year my goal is to raise $100 per month for the next 5 months. ($500 total, but hopefully more!) So I have to be creative.


Just want to put this out there. In the month of June I will be cleaning out our closets & garage and trying to sell stuff. 100% of what I make will go to the charity. I want to ask my friends/family if they have any items that they want to get rid of (donate)... I will pick them up and sell them for you on ebay/craigs list (and if it doesn't sell, then swap meet). I will give you a tax record slip & their tax i.d. so you can claim the deduction. {Anyone whose items total $250 or more will get a printed receipt from Susan G Koman Foundation.} If you live in another state, we can still talk about it and we might be able to work something out.


This cause is very close to my heart and I really want to feel like I'm making a difference this year. P.S. If you want to, I will also most definitely accept monetary donations (paypal to me, or personal check to SGKBCF). I just want to be creative this year because I don't like asking my friends/family for money & I want to raise funds on the largest scale possible for one person. And then those who can't attend the event or give monetary donations can still feel like they are involved and supporting the cause! I think that clutter is something that is pretty universal, we all have to own things that we can get rid of! So there's fundraising month 1! Wish me luck!


Stay tuned for next months creative idea... I already have some brainstorming going on! (I'm thinking poker parties, scrap supply raffles...) If anybody has any ideas, let me know!


OH! AND, if you want to join us, please do! I'll give you all the details. Basically, it's 24-hours long, 10/20-21. You can see my post about last-years event below if you scroll down. (or click on the label: Survivor Crop, and it will retrieve the post for you).

Thank you for anything you can do to help out or ideas you can put forth! :)


No comments: