Not the best pic, but it's our last family picture of 2006... (at our New Years dinner)... I know it's only been 18 days, but so far 2007 has been AMAZING!!!! (Mostly because of an exciting announcement in my family!)
I hope you have all had beautiful holidays! We did! For my crafty friends, here are a few pics of my most recent creations. I made these darling little distressed 'brag books' for both the Grandmas. I didn't add much embellishment at all... had to keep them simple because of time constraints, but it turns out that I love them & wish I made one for myself too!
They have blank pages labelled months 6-12 so the book will be Jake's first year in review. So cute!
The shawl turned out nicely and I think my sister liked it. My mom's slipper socks also turned out cute, once I solved my yarn dilemma. (I was running out of yarn & the store didn't have the same kind, despite many phonecalls & visits.) I ended up buying a coordinating color and making the toe in that color, and to make it look more cohesive, I added a little drawstring out of that same color too. I wanted to take pics of them each wearing their gifts, but got too caught up in all of the excitement. (And by excitement, I mean *over the moon* excitement! Let me just say that a huge prayer was answered and this is going to be another amazing year!)
So I know that I've written before about being under the weather. Since I don't post very often, it probably seems like we're sick all the time! lol But this time, we are ALL *really* sick!!! I'm actually getting better, Jake is on his way, and Kevin is just at the beginning so he's still struggling. It's been horrible seeing Jake like this, though. It's his first REAL full-on illness. He still has a gnarly cough and no appetite. I can tell he's feeling better though, since he's not as listless and his temp is lower. Even though I'm a nurse & I teach people all the reportable symptoms, it's different being the momma! I keep asking,
"Should we call the doctor?"

This note might not be very fluid because I've been watching TV while writing it. (Grey's Anatomy... soo good!)
While I'm here (since I only publish posts like twice monthly!), I wanted to mention Juice Plus. I was telling my sister about it and was going to email her the links, but decided to pass along the information to whoever else is interested. (Click on the underlined, which will hyperlink you to their website.) Here is also Dr Sears' take on it. Dr Sears is not our pediatrician, even though he is located in our town. I wanted to choose a pediatrician that I work with, and we are soo happy with out choice- it's a great fit! But I do read Dr Sears' books and consult his website *all* the time! He is the one who gave me that last push in my choice to do cord blood banking with CBR. (Even though it unfortunately didn't work out in the end.) I really like his down-to-earth approach to parenting. His methods aren't for everyone, but it's nice to gain the information from someone trustworthy (he thoroughly researches everything he endorses and his practice is evidence-based).

I'll be back sooner than later!
3 comments:
Thanks for the tip on the juice plus stuff. My son won't eat anything but artichokes, celery, and carrots...he starts to gag just by looking at fruit, it's crazy.
What! You're near Dr. Sear and you didn't choose him! I'd be over the moon if I could choose Dr. Sears. But as long as you like your current Ped, I suppose that's okay too.
Now you've got me on the edge of my seat to hear the great news.
Get well soon!
I know, you're not the first to tell me that (about not choosing Dr Sears.) We still might, but I've heard from more than one person that if you decide not to take their recommendations on certain things, they make you feel bad. (ie: even things as small as not using microwaves.) But I really love them too! And I *want* to be informed! If using microwaves *really* is bad, then I want to know about it. I've just heard that they are pretty strict. But I am trying to live naturally & organically, it's just not always easy and I already beat myself up enough about it when we find ourselves slipping, and that's without *any* outside pressure! We still might switch when Jake gets a little older, I'm not sure yet.
Whats funny (about Peter) is that it's usually the other way around, kids liking the fruits and not the veggies! My friends baby won't take veggies so she gives her the Juice Plus gummies. I haven't been faithfully taking my Juice Plus, or else I probably wouldn't have been getting sick like this! I have to start taking better care of myself... drink more water and take my vitamins, etc. I thought I would be better about it when I had a baby but since Jake was born I've been majorly neglecting my wellness!
Well I wrote a lot, and in a comments section. I might email this to you in case you don't read it.
Oh, the exciting news isn't about me, but about a family member... I think I'll wait a bit before I say what it is on my blog, and of course I'll have to ask first. Yah, I guess that was a little cruel to get everyone all amped up about it and then not say what it is! haha
I don't know blog etiquitte, but I'm sure I'm not supposed to reply (in long notes!) like this in the comments section! Oh Well! LOL
-Megan
megan, its good to hear from you, thou i am sorry you've all been down. i check your blog often and when figure no news is good news. at least for someone you love it sounds like. take care, feel better.
oh and i love the family picture!!! your two special guys are lucky to have you!!
Post a Comment