11.07.2006

4 months ago today...

Heaven broke open ~ and our son was born! :)


The day Jake was born was the most amazing, powerful day in my life. We can't believe it's already been 4 months! I loved being pregnant, being in labor and giving birth. I can't believe that I only get to experience it a handful of times! I want like 5!!!

I've always believed in God, but there is no time that his existence is more evident than when you're giving birth to a child. I didn't do anything to create this baby (besides 9 months prior!), and I didn't do anything to give birth to him besides let my body do what it was programmed to do. That our bodies know exactly what to do (during labor & birth), that our bodies nourish this new life both inside and outside of the womb (placenta & milk production), and that babies bodies know exactly what to do (in the womb: which cells divide to become what; and after birth: heart valves closing, lungs emptying of fluid, first breaths, breastfeeding). It's not a coincidence, *we* are not a coincidence. (A big bang, a haphazard conglomeration of molecules). We are beautifully and intricately designed.

I am reminded of God's greatness every time I look at my son!


So on a different note... Jake's 4-month check up was great (minus the vaccinations!)- here are his new stats: (drumroll) 14 pounds 14 ounces, and 25 inches.


See pic (below) of us in the "secret beach hut" room of Coastal Kids (Dr Abelowitz's office).





P.S. this was supposed to be posted yesterday but I hit save draft instead! His 4-mo bday was 11/6.

No comments: