6.17.2009

A baby will be born...

Look at those chubby little cheeks!!!! So cute, I just wanna kiss them over and over again!!!




If you know me, you know that I think giving birth is one of the most powerful and awe-inspiring experiences ever. Whenever I think about the possibility of this being my last child (which is hardly ever, because I don't want to get sad!), one of the first things I get sentimental about is the idea of this being my last time to give birth!

So today when they told me that baby is in frank breech position, and that there's a very good chance that I will need to have a C-section, I have to admit I was pretty bummed. I allowed myself about ten minutes of being sad, and even cried about the potential C-section and the idea of never having another natural birth again... and then I made myself move on.

On to incredible thankfulness for another healthy pregnancy and baby, for the two beautiful natural births that I have had, and for the time that I have left in this pregnancy (in which I will be doing positioning exercises and praying for a somersault!)

Those of you who have had C-sections, I know how extremely petty I sound! I know it occurs often, and that it is still birth, just by a different method. I know that it is still the most incredible day ever, being the day that you meet and hold your baby for the first time, and I definitely don't want to take anything away from that. I have just been extremely fortunate to to experience and enjoy my two vaginal births, and I had just allowed myself a moment of 'mourning' the idea of not having that chance again.

But the moment is over.

"Be still and know that I am God..."
-Psalm 46:10


I have hope that he may still flip, even though it's late. But mostly, I am resting in the knowledge that whatever happens, it is all part of His perfect plan.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
-Romans 8:28


I know that it's not a big deal either way; all I can ask for is a healthy baby and that will be the greatest blessing ever, regardless of which birthing method brings him into our arms! How reassuring to know that God is in control-- my faith in Him fills me with peace. Not just regarding my pregnancy and birth, but also in my marriage and in raising our children. All the things that sometimes weigh on my heart, they truly have no power when surrendered into His loving & capable hands.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
-Philippians 4:6-7

I am sooo thankful!!!! He washes away our worries & fear and fills us with peace & joy!



Still... you can know beyond a shadow of doubt that even as I'm in this happily pregnant state, full of acceptance and peace regarding the baby's position and his upcoming birth, I will most definitely be cheering him on under my breath until his birth-day:

"Turn, baby, turn!" "Turn, baby, turn!" :)

A girl can hope!!

1 comment:

Angoraknitter said...

You must check out this link! C-section for Breech is probably not the best choice.
http://rixarixa.blogspot.com/2009/06/canada-does-180.html