4.13.2009

Easter Festivities





It was quite a funny group of baskets this year-- Kevin and I used the velvet basket that usually holds all of our scented linen sprays & fragrances in the bathroom. Jake had a cute metal 'cars' bucket, and Austin had some random "Easter-y" basket I found in a cabinet. (Those little red sand-buckets were supposed to be their baskets, but I went overboard on their toys & they wouldn't fit!)





I didn't want to put any candy in the boy's baskets, but I was feeling generous in the wee hours... so each boy got 3 Robin's Eggs. (Mommy & Daddy got lots more candy than that!) The first thing Jake did when he got his basket was go for the toys... Whereas the first thing Austin did was stuff a huge Robin's Egg in his mouth!






What a perfect picture, it makes me laugh!! This is his 2nd piece of candy ever!





This year was the boy's first egg hunt. It was also Kevin's first time hiding eggs and my first time hiding them for my *own* kids... so I had to, of course, take photos of that part too!








The boys had so much fun finding the eggs! Austin still enjoyed throwing them more than anything, but that was fine with me... we're going to crack them anyways.






After our morning festivities we had yummy strawberry pancakes, went to church together, had a small lunch (correctly guessing that the 2:00 BBQ would be more like 4-5:00), and then headed down to San Diego to hang out with family at the lake. It was absolutely beautiful. Despite the horrendous crowds, we got a better "spot" than I could have imagined... on a little 'island', a cluster of 3 tables with a BBQ, and plenty shade. Amazing! (And, of utmost importance for me, being preggo... it was just a short walk to the restrooms!)
As I've mentioned before, my family is a little blog-shy, thus the lack of photos that include anyone but Kevin & the boys. Here are just a few that I think are safe to share.


Cousin Adam (my nephew) with Austin



Uncle Pete (my bro) playing catch with Jake. (With a water balloon!)



And Jake & Daddy (Kevin) under the bridge
We had a wonderful day, relaxing together as a little family and creating some of our own traditions... and also spending some much-needed time relaxing with my side of the family, whom we miss sooo much! It's so refreshing and fun!
Though Kevin and I agreed that it was hard to fully relax, being surrounded by water and having two toddlers... I can't tell you how many panicky "Where's Austin?!?!?" or "Where's Jake!?!?!" moments we each had! (Luckily, the other one always knew the answer to those momentary heart-stopping questions!)

No comments: