2.07.2009

Charity

I am participating in another charity. The other three that I participated in were more close to my heart, being Breast Cancer and Children's Hospital Oncology... both of which have touched our family in one way or another. But from what I have read, this one seems like a really neat program as well. 100% of donations go towards the Cancer Coping Center. (We can also choose for a portion to go towards the Boys & Girls Club, but I will route my donation to the Cancer Coping Center, unless otherwise specified.)

Just wanted to throw this out there... if you are interested in donating to this cause, please email me. RNMeg@cox.net

Also, if you would like to donate a handmade item or a service, let me know as well.

They hold a silent auction and 100% of the proceeds go to the cause as well. Any handmade items or crafts are encouraged... last time there were some darling aprons and pre-made scrapbooks which fetched really high prices. If you provide a service in the San Diego area, you can also be creative and auction off your services or a discounted service. (i.e.: Last time I bid on 3 months of Stroller Strides, got it for $15!)

I don't like asking people for money or collecting donations, but the few times I have, there has always been someone who is excited about the cause or who donates monthly to another cause and would just re-route that months donation. So I'm not really asking, I'm offering an opportunity for those who are interested.

Ha! There! That makes me feel better about it! heehee

As always, after the event I will post the final amount of money raised.

No comments: