


Above recipe from the "Pioneer Woman" - it was delicious, but the white decorating icing was ridiculous... it took like 10 minutes to decorate one cookie because it was so stiff! I ended up buying storebought cookie icing & it was much better.

This is the first year that I didn't do a lot of things. First, I didn't send Christmas cards. We spent lots of money on professional family photos (to get the CD), and then I lost the CD. I was banking on finding the CD and doing a quick CostCo photo card, but then it never happened. I'm so bummed!!! The whole photo experience was a nightmare, so it'll probably be MANY years before I can convince Kevin to do it again! I have *no* idea what happened to that CD!
It was also the first year that I didn't hang a wreath or a "fake" mistletoe. (I'm usually too paranoid about the poisonous mistletoe seeds, that I just hang a handmade bundle of fresh herbs. I think it looks just as good or better!) At least we decorated our tree, and it didn't fall down this year! When I was pregnant with Jake we had a naked tree because I was working full time & feeling so sick & tired... I almost decorated it on Christmas Eve that year for the photos, but thought better of it!
It feels so funny posting Christmas stuff when now there's not a trace of Christmas in our home! But I can't have a blog with no record of my favorite holiday!
It was a blessed day. We were able to spend time with all of our family, both sides. It was completely relaxing, full of fun & good food, laughter. I was supposed to work and I was so thankful that a good friend of mine offered to work for me. What a sacrificial gesture, it really meant so much to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment