It's been a busy week!
First off, Austin turned ONE yesterday!!!
We had a really nice family party. We have some funny birthday traditions developing, though. As it turns out, birthdays have seemed to have the following things in common: illness and broken cameras.
Which translates into unthoughtful and untimely blog-posts, with no photos!
I do want to just say that besides my being sick the night before and evening-of, I felt mostly good during the party and it was SO wonderful to spend the afternoon with some of my favorite people on the planet! We had to change locations at the last minute because of rain, but it worked out well because the rain stopped before the party and we were able to spend the day in the backyard (as opposed to our tiny living room!)
The following is mostly for my record~* (Sorry to bore you with a list of milestones!)
Austin says a few words... His first word (besides "Mama" & "Dada") was last Saturday (10/25), and it was "TRUCK"! He held up a toy truck and repeated the word over and over, in his cute little raspy & spirited voice. Everything he does is with gusto, even when he talks. His words and sounds are usually very loud and actually quivering with energy. Literally.
I'm not surprised that his first word was 'truck'. Afterall, Jake is obsessed wth trucks! When we pray at night Jake sometimes thanks Jesus for: "Dada's Truck", "BIG Truck", and "Papa's (Grandpa's) White Truck."
Incidentally, Jake's first word was "duck". They rhyme! How fun is that!?! (I know, not everybody is as easily entertained as I am.) He had a rubber duckie & did the same thing, holding it up and saying "duck". I LOVE this age!! (I do love them all.)
Back to Austin, though. This past week since that first word, he's been testing out more and more words and sounds. "Ba" = banana & bottle. (He started that a few weeks ago.) "Dis" = "this" (his 2nd word) and "Dat" = "that" (his 3rd word), both are often said while pointing with an open hand. His 4th word was "up" which he just started saying a few days ago.
He has 6 teeth, 4 on top and 2 on bottom. He's finally sleeping through the night (for about 3-4 weeks now) and on his birthday we moved him into his crib in Jake's room (one last time, and finally successful). He loves it and goes to sleep easier than he *ever* has. Hallelujah! Jake has also been staying in his toddler bed for about 3 weeks. {{insert high-pitched, operatic heavenly chorus}}
My sweet baby Austin... you are beautiful. Inside and out! I love your spirit and your energy, I love your sweet snuggles and your squeals and giggles. You are such a precious and beloved gift from our Lord. He gave you to us at the perfect time and has changed our lives (for the better!) in the process. You are such a blessing. Sweet buggie-boo, I love you unspeakably! I pray that I can be a good Mommy to you and that you will know & love our Lord early and intimately. I pray that He will guard your little heart, body, mind and spirit. God bless you, bug-bug. Happy, happy birthday!
1 comment:
Happy B day Austin.
Post a Comment