10.08.2008

snapshot

right now?

exasperated

...it's never easy!!!

'nuff said

(don't tell anyone that I just wrote 'nuff said' on my blog!)



Okay, well to be exact...

Jake bit Austin's arm, Austin pulled Jake's shirt, Jake threw a ball at the table, Austin won't go to sleep despite his exhaustion, Kevin told me he would watch the boys while I showered but decided to sleep-in instead, I stepped on banana (twice), Jake dumped his breakfast plate on the floor after I swept, I turned off the TV & Jake turned it on, I turned on the A/C and Austin turned it off, Austin is stronger than me and won't let me change his diaper without a fight (which I almost always come close to losing), Jake asks for more food and I make it, then he refuses to eat it, Jake climbs on me playfully but the digging of his elbows and toes into my abdomen hurts and irritates me, I'm majorly PMSing and my cramps & headache are getting the best of me. This is just the last hour.

Like I said, it's never easy, but some moments are harder than others! This is my first "real" PMS and cycle in over 2 years, and it's not going so well. I'm not sure I'm equipped to handle it. I'm barely equipped to handle my life without raging hormones! I joke! (I think)

P.S. On another (completely random) note, please buy a noise machine if your children have any sleep issues. I'm jumping up & down for the $15 purchase I just made- wish I did it a long time ago! They don't wake eachother up anymore! On my way to the store to pick up a 2nd one.

Today will get better. Just venting!


10/11 ADDENDUM: They DO wake eachother up still. But they sleep better, so it's less often. Once per night Jake has been waking up crying, which still wakes up Austin despite the 2 noise makers. So both boys are awake for 8-12 minutes. I'll take that any day over how it used to be! I think the sound machines have totally helped them sleep better & stay asleep longer. This is the most un-interrupted sleep I've had in a year (or more!)

2 comments:

Julia and Darby's Mommy said...

Oh Megan!! I hear you girl! Hope your day got better!!! Have a glass of wine it always helps me!!!

rockinmama said...

man...we have ALL been there! those are the days you just want to tear your hair out!! i'm glad your day got better in the end...and SO GLAD that the noise machines are working!! those are the best things EVER. =) love you sweet girl! keep me posted on getting together. i need to see my megs! xoxo