8.31.2008

We're Back! And I'm Older...

What a horrible blogger I have been! So sporadic!

But I'm filling myself up with my days, and it's been good.

I don't think that blogging is a 'waste of time'. I really enjoy writing & documenting & journaling, as well as reading over at my friends places. But I have gotten tired of the computer and the TV and anything else that sucks my time away. I had stopped computer-ing while kids were awake, but then began to backslide a bit here & there. So now I'm back to naptimes & bedtimes, which is the reason for the lack of posts. Because even though my kids sleep multiple times per day, I'm realizing that I'm not feeling fulfilled if I spend the entire naptime on the computer. In fact, the opposite is true. I feel behind. Like I should have cleaned the bathroom or something. Or, at the least, read a book or showered or something.

I'm noticing a lot of bloggers are taking bloggy breaks this summer.
Not that this is a bloggy break, either. Just a technology protest of sorts.

Anyways, I came back to say HI.



Kevin and I just got back from our vacation! We were away from the kids for 4 whole nights!!! We enjoyed ourselves, and yes, I missed them! I bawled when I dropped them off, I got teary-eyed a few times as we boarded the ship, but I didn't cry any other times. (Can you believe it!?!?) That doesn't mean they weren't in the forefront of my mind. I had nightmares every night and all day kept talking about this cute thing Jake says or that cute thing Austin does. I'm so happy to be with my babies again!!!

You're probably wondering why I haven't covered the post with vacation photos yet... that would be because my camera went missing right in time for our trip. Sweet! Can you picture my frantic search when, the morning of our departure, I realized that it's not in it's charger where I thought I left it? What a nightmare for a picture freak!

So, photos pending-- I need to develop my little disposable camera.

Oh, by the way, I am now THIRTY!

HOLY COW!!!! I'm not in my twenties anymore! That is shocking. I know, it's not old. But it is shocking. I am happy with where I am right now. Married to my guy, mommy to two beautiful boys, steady jobs and a home in a town that we love. If I have to be thirty already, at least it's at a time when I feel settled & fulfilled. Thirty. It still shocks me every time I think or say it!

A girl I met on our vacation told me that thirty is the new twenty. Hmm... maybe I like that.

Kevin thinks that 40 will be harder than 30. I don't think so. I'm going to embrace 40. But I'm just not quite ready for my 30's. I feel so young! Like 25-26 young!

The days when 30 was old still feel like they weren't too long ago. And now I realize that the young kids who I thought I related to, actually think that I'm old! Oh no! heehee

P.S. 30 isn't stressing me out. These are just some of my random 30-thoughts. It does shock me because I don't think about age that much, so it kinda crept up on me & takes me by surprise. Kinda like when I dyed my blonde hair auburn and I would see my reflection in a window. I really don't care much about it, though. It's a funny thing, I didn't expect the 'surprised' feeling!

No comments: