6.04.2008

Our Wednesday

THESE THINGS MADE ME SMILE TODAY...

*~ A large Zebra Mocha (from the drive-through cafe) and Quiet Time while in the beach parking lot with two well-behaving kids in the back seat... ahh! Good start to a day!

*~ Watching Jake run back and forth at the beach with GLEE, laughing. This made me smile ALL OVER!

*~ Smothering Austin with kisses, and noticing that no matter what he is doing, every time I kiss him, he smiles. Even when he's entranced by a toy, and I just kiss the back of his head, I notice a quiet little smile come over his face... that is the sweetest thing!!!

*~ Our new book, especially the last line, which has made me tear-up every single night for the last week: "I love you through and through... Yesterday, today, and tomorrow too."

*~ A quick straightening-up of the house, where I only did 50% of the work. Did you hear that?!? I only did HALF of it! My hubby did the other half!!!

*~ Two kids taking two long naps at the same time!

*~ Having lunch ready when my husband came home from running errands, and sitting together as a family to eat.

*~ Sneaking a big, fat, inappropriate kiss (from my hubby) when our visitor was in the bathroom. Then acting like nothing happened when he came out!

*~ Watching Jake follow Kevin around the yard as he was mowing the lawn, back and forth, Jake follows him-- every strip of the lawn!

*~ (ETA) For the FIRST time since his birth (7 months ago), Austin had a day completely free of reflux! Oh momentous day! (I'm adding this one on Thurs, didn't want to speak too soon.)

*~ This: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your soul. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30


*~ Experimental baking ... Putting Oatmeal Cookie Dough into MINI-CUPCAKE trays! Yummy!! Oatmeal cookie cupcakes! (And then eating about 4 of them while they're still hot and gooey, oh so good!)

*~ Sneaking a peek at my husband outside when he's not looking, and seeing that he is emptying the ashes out of the fire pit with JAKES TINY YELLOW SAND SHOVEL!

*~ Being humbled by these blessings, these lives that are such a part of mine.

I love days like these...


Disclaimer: they're not all like this!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Hey, do you have the book "Love you Forever" That is an awesome one too. That one makes me cry.

victoria said...

this is a great post filled with happy little joys!