6.12.2008

A new recipe

Would you *ever* put fresh grated Parmesan cheese and Worcestershire sauce on fish!?!?

That's what THIS recipe called for, and the reviews were all very positive. So I tried it. It's a recipe called "Can't Miss Red Snapper" by Paula Deen on FoodNetwork.com. It does not sound like it would "go", but I'm glad I tried it. It was delicious. And sooo easy! (As fish usually is.) My only alterations were that I sauteed the onions & bell peppers with some fresh minced garlic before baking and I cut the amount of butter in half. (We only had 2 fillets instead of 4. And I still had plenty 'juice' to baste the fish with before broiling.) Ours also took 15 minutes instead of 12. I {might} have put a little more salt than most... I love my new sea salt grinder. I love salt too. Bad! And Goooood!!!

I know this also sounds strange, but I served it with roasted potatoes with onions & peppers. I thought this was a bazaar choice but went with it because I needed something fast & rice was going to take too long. One of the critiques said to serve it with something starchy. Anyways, it ended up going together quite well and was delicious.

I had to share this recipe. I haven't ruined many dishes, but unless I'm breading and frying, FISH is one of my trouble dishes. I always try for gourmet- fresh herbs, seasonings, citrus, I've tried a lot of different flavors. It's usually edible, sometimes enjoyable, but hardly ever 'delicious.' YAY for another fish standby recipe to add to the repertoire!

That was a lot of rambling!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Sounds like something good to try. Also, you can try lemmon pepper for certain fish. Cajun spices. The liquid marinate is good dumped on fish and grilled in Reynolds wrap on the grill. So delicious! There are various flavors it is in the condiment isle (catsup, BBQ sauces, marinades.

ShellyH said...

Recipe sounds delicous! I am going to try it too as my hubby loves fish but I often run out of new ideas on what to do with it.