P.S. I'm sorry, in advance... I can't help myself! We had a BEATIFUL time at the beach and I'm having trouble narrowing down the photos! So you get a gazillion. I know there are slidshow options and something called Flickr (?), but who has time for all that? So here are some pictures from our much-needed family-time yesterday.
We also had a really nice time the evening prior, when I finally got to meet Kevin's partner (from work.) We barbequed Carne Asada and I tried out a delicious Mojito recipe. (And my sister's yummy "bomb guacamole" recipe.) A word of caution-- be careful with Mojitos! I accidentally doubled my recipe, so I just thought, "Oh well, I'll just drink two." But wooh- they are strong but they don't taste it! They're so light and refreshing, (fresh squeezed lime, fresh mint leaves, yumm!) Anyways, I was extremely happy to finally meet Kevin's partner and greeted him with a big hug. He probably thought I was a bit crazy, but oh well. He's a good man in my book, and he's got my hubbys back, for which I am deeply grateful.
And one last highlight.
If you ever thought that we had even the slightest bit of sophistication, be aware, your paradigms are about to be
One of my favorite experiences in the last 2 weeks took place at about 5pm in our driveway. The boys had been particularly difficult and not napping great. We had just gotten back from a little errand and both boys were sleeping in their carseats. Kevin and I decided not to wake them. So I got a deck of cards and we sat in our driveway for about 45 minutes playing Gin in the car. Top it off with my husband drinking a Bud Light (nasty!), and me nursing the baby in the front seat-- Like I said. we are terribly sophisticated here.
Just imagine what a picture of class we were to the neighbors! But it was fun. It was a sleeping-bags-on-the-livingroom-floor kind of fun. Those are seriously the moments I live for! Fun, laugh at yourself, spur of the moment moments.
I beg my husband to play card with me all the time. He obliges about 2-3 times per year.
So next on the list-- board games, charades, & family singalongs (in the car & around campfires).
My favorites!!!
And my husband detests them.
We'll work on him
9 comments:
another cute post! your little boys are so adorable. and...i can relate to coaxing your husband into board/card games. i literally squeal and clap when my hubby agrees to play a game.
You are so funny Megan. I think all the things you mention about cards, charades, sleeping bags in the livingroom are the things the memories children cherish as well. You're such a good Mama!
meg, i just adore you. those pictures are precious, i could seriously *eat* austin's cheeks, they are so stinkin cute!!!! and jake? what a precious little angel. you are so very blessed. i love the idea of you guys sitting in the car playing cards...i just love your happy go lucky attitude. you are the cutest. i love you so much and am so blessed and encouraged by your friendship. can't wait to see you next week! xoxo
That sounds so sweet! Board games, I'm sort of the opposite, but mostly cause it's always my brainy inlaws who like to play the games...and I just want to relax, lol. Like scabble...I refuse to play with my Bro-in-law...and Risk...never again with my sis-in-law. It was like she was trying to uncover my inner most life strategy. LOL.
Beautiful family you have there!
i love these pictures - i always have a hard time figuring out flickr (lame me) so i'm glad you just put them right on the post. makes me miss the beach!!
love
jess
Your boys are so precious!
I LOVE playing cards with my man! Sounds like you guys had a great time! The simple things like that are the things we really treasure!
My husband is the card and game player in the family. But he has brought me over to his side by teaching me to play Mexican Train. Have you ever played that? It is a dominoe game.
And I think you are very sophisticated.
THOSE SURE ARE SOME BEAUTIFUL BOYS! I LOVE THE FAMILY PICTURE TOO. I LOVE YOU, MOM
Meagan, great pics of the beach. You have such a beautiful family. You also sound like you are very optimistic and make the most of your day in whatever way that you can. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment