Here's our stroller in the new configuration. We LOVE it!! Jake had fun pushing his brother around the beach today!
So anyways, It's not that I spend hour upon hour online, but I have been thinking quite a bit about how I get 'trapped' on the internet and how it's taken quality time away from my kids. (Not to mention the many other things I could do that would be a better use of my time!)
And then today I ran across this, which totally brought it home. It's been a great conviction and my new resolve, but, wow, I will NEVER forget these words:
"...Give your children lots of tiny moments. When they approach the computer, turn your chair around and look them in the eye, and if you find more in their eyes than on the screen, get up and take them on a nature walk or read a book to them. Pandemonium will still be there when you return."
Oh! My little heart!!! Especially as I remember the times my baby boy has come to my desk reaching to me and saying, "up!" "up!" ...And I scoop him up onto my lap and continue what I'm doing. Ooohhh!
9 comments:
Austin is AdoRaBle in his photo. It is so good to see him happy, and you already know your Jake is as handsome as ever. You my dear are going to have girls swooning over these boys a few years from now.
Have a good week, Dede
Hey Megan, I thought you might like this link. It is supports what you're thinking... and if you don't read her blog you will love it. Rebecca is extremely talented and an active Christian woman with great qualities about her.
http://rebeccasower.typepad.com/
Oh, my. Guilty!
I have got to restrict my time as well. It is amazing how you can get sucked into good things, but not realize you are missing out on the best thing....time with our precious ones! Thanks for this post!
What a wonderful, wonderful post! And such perspective...something I find easy to lose when I enter the "internet" or "bloggy" world! Thank you!!
:choke: Yup. Guilty. I cringe at the thought of the countless hours I've wasted here that could be spent with my bebes. All the time when Troy was a baby that I tried to get him happy playing with a toy instead of actually playing with him. Oooh, the conviction hurts!
P.S. I forgot what blog I got that from, and I don't like to quote it without referencing! Sorry! It was a blog I found through a blog through a blog through a blog... u know how it goes! She had decided to shut down her blog & it was her FINAL post. If I run across it again, I'll come back & link it. (I'm wracking my brain!)
The beach? Oh man, I MISS the beach!!
I know what you mean about internet time! My almost 3yo doesn't nap anymore (boohoo!) and so I have to be online a little bit while she's up. I try to do it when one of her sisters can entertain her, that way she doesn't feel neglected but I feel guilty about it too. Still, some days its my lifeline to the world, lol!
Yep, guilty. I also have been thinking that I need to limit my internet time. While there are some very good sites that have truly encouraged me in my walk with God and given me "fellowship" with other believers, I get sucked in sometimes when I need to be doing other things. Also, your boys are adorable! I like how the back of your stroller is short so that your older one can push it. My daughter would love that! :-)
ooooh, megan!! this was great. it spoke right to me. i actually have to have a timer on my computer so that i can only be on an hour a day...it's crazy for me how distracted i get..when i am checking email when i need to get up and go read to my children or make dinner.
thanks for letting me know i'm not alone!!!
love
jess
Post a Comment