2.06.2008

Memory Verses

This weeks memory verses. I know, they're super easy... kinda like the bread & buter verses that EVERYone knows!!! This is my first week doing memory verses (I haven't done it in YEARS!) so the 1st two are ones that I absolutely love but can never remember the location. And by choosing such 'common knowledge' verses, I thought it'd be a good way to ease myself back into the memorization.

And the third verse, well that's just one I need to repeat to myself numerous times per day in order to keep me from saying unpleasant things out of frustration, saying negative things to or about others, and especially, from nagging my husband (sorry, only ~50% effective rate on that one! LOL).

Here they are, just in case anybody wants to join me in the weekly memory verses. (Let me know if you are interested, and I'll continue to post them every Wednesday. How's that for accountability! Hopefully I have a taker or two...)

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." -Romans 8:28 (NIV)

"I can do all things through him who gives me strength." -Philippians 4:13

"Let no unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." Ephesians 4:29 (NIV)

1 comment:

Jess said...

megan,
woah. every one you picked is one that means A LOT to me. i love you already!!! i am excited to hear about your prayer basket..it's fun to give one away, but i honestly think it's so much better to make one for yourself...because then you put the things in there that you know are going to help you connect with the Lord...yeah!!!

love
jess