OH.MY.GOODNESS.
Yesterday I really, REALLY could have used 'robot-mom!' While holding my crying Jake and standing next to my crying Austin, I actually had to close my eyes and regroup for a moment to keep myself from running away! Or worse, yelling at my kids for crying! Yesterday was a major challenge, to say the least. And the funny part is that the day before was probably one of the best days we've had in a long time. I felt like such a great mom! lol (As if I had anything to do with it! haha) Austin was perfect-- he ate every 3 hours on the dot and was so happy- we did playtime and then he napped between his meals. Jake was as happy as a clam all day- so giggley and playful and sweet. I was feeling really good about this whole thing. Mommy-of-two-hood was feeling GOOD and normal and smooth! I had it down!
WHAT HAPPENED!?!?!?
Yesterday even after Jake's 2-hr morning nap, he woke up acting like he hadn't slept a wink. He was getting frustrated with his toys, throwing himself on the floor, crying all day... and if you know my son, that is NOT him! He gets that way sometimes when overtired. Though despite being absolutely exhausted, he wouldn't go down for an afternoon nap, (we tried twice.) If Jake was actually quiet and content, then Austin was crying. The ENTIRE day. I barely remember any moments of silence where I wasn't holding/rocking/consoling one (or both!) kids. I tried to resort to cartoons numerous times, to no avail.
So then there was LAST.NIGHT. Oh, last night was just the icing on the cake. Jake wouldn't sleep!!! I know, I know. The woes. I'm totally being dramatic, (and such a complainer), when I know it's really not that bad in the scheme of things! It's just life and mommyhood! But I'm gonna just finish my rant to get it out of my system. But I have to believe that every mama is entitled to a LEETLE bit of complaining, right? So Jake's pretty much been sleeping through the night. Not lastnight. He woke up crying every 10-20 minutes from 11:45 (when I went to bed) until 2:00am. Then woke up for the day (wide awake) at his usual 6am. What's up with my boy!?! Austin of course slept longer than he EVER has!!! 7 hours straight!!! WOO HOO!!! Too bad I didn't get to take advantage of that.
So maybe my runny-nosed kid really isn't feeling good. Maybe those teeth that have been barely poking through the gums for the last 2 months are finally going to finish coming through. But I'm tired of always saying "maybe he's teething" or "maybe he doesn't feel good." I've been sick 3 times in the last 2 months, and like I said, he's been teething forever it seems. I'm tired of feeling like I'm making excuses though! Maybe bad days just happen! All I can say is that if today is anything like yesterday was, I'll most definitely be driving my kids somewhere with helpful adults around. Hmm... like maybe a certain mom or mother-in-laws house! Or my sweet sisters house?
{{Oh, while I'm at it, let me add... my "water baby" now HATES taking baths. He cries the entire time. He's always LOVED the bath!}}
Seriously, the minute I think I have it, I get thrown another curve!
May today be a better day...
(Must run, two kids beginning to fuss... I think a trip to the park is in order! Please, skies, stay dry for 30 minutes! I need to, I mean, my kids need to get out of the house. heehee)
1 comment:
Hi!
I found you through a comment you had left on another blog, and so I wanted to stop by. It is refreshing to know we are not alone in the crazy thing called "mommyhood"! I am sorry you had such a rough day on the post I'm commenting on. I have found that my 3 girls keep me humble and dependent on the Lord. It's depend on Him, or totally lose it!!!
It was nice to meet you! I'll come back by, if that's alright. :)
Love and Blessings,
Kimberly
Post a Comment