(and another exciting baby update!)

I think I have ONE "tummy" picture this entire pregnancy, compared to the zillion I have from the last. So in the middle of our Halloween festivities lastnight I passed the camera to Kevin and he took a quick snapshot.
And speaking of this little guy, I was excited to hear at today's appointment that I'm now 2 cm dilated! Glad to hear that all those sleepless (crampy) nights weren't for nothing! Of course, now that I'm term and ready, the last 3 days the contractions have all kinda subsided-- my doctor says it's the "calm before the storm." We'll see if that's what baby says too~*
P.S. Quick little Jake update- he's doing soo good! Walking *everywhere*, learning new words every day. I've lost track of how many teeth he has... he has a bunch and is (of course) working on another. (next to his bottom right molar). He is *always* teething these days! 4 days ago I told him "I love you" and he said "I baa duu". I normally wouldn't interpret "baa" as "love" and "duu" as "you", but he said it in the exact same intonation that I did, and in response to my "i love you", so needless to say, it just melted my heart because I know he was trying to say it back to me!!! He's such a sweetheart!
Trick or TreatMomma & baby spidee- Lastnight was his first time Trick-or-treating. We had lots of fun, only hit a few houses and then spent the rest of the evening BBQing, bonfiring and passing out candy at my sister's house. It was so much fun!
See pic below: (back row --> front row) Hiroto (Jack Sparrow), Tony (SCAREY 'death'), Kevin & I, Jake (spider), Adam (Tatoo artist), and Nico (football guy Tomlinson?)

More Showers for Baby
My friends at work threw me such a great shower today! It was put together in just 4 days because I was afraid baby wouldn't stay in much longer- Thank you my sweet Natalie and friends! It was beautiful and the food was sooo delicious. (It wouldn't be a true pregnant-Megan post if I didn't mention food, right?) Here's a quick picture of some of the gals-- (yes, I'm wearing the *same* dress as my other shower!)
(Shirlee, Doris, Neena, me, Mary & Isabella, Ola, & Margie)
Another AMAZING Recipe!
"Roasted Shrimp and Orzo"

This is a recipe that a friend of mine made for the shower today, it was AMAZING! So fresh and flavorful. I could eat the entire bowl! It's a Barefoot Contessa recipe, & can be found HERE on the Food Network website. Delicious! (And apparently, very quick & easy!)
Well, the holidays are officially upon us!! It's finally November (can you believe it!?), and the weather is sooo beautiful here- nice and FALLish! We're LOVING it! I always try to stay true to my California Girl, summer-loving self... but the last few years I can't deny it... I really think that this is my new favorite time of year! A summer girl at heart, but fall and (if you can call it winter) is pushing it's way in. COZY fireplaces, warm drinks, scarves & mittens, Christmas carols, rain, and all the scents that go along with the seasons & holidays (pumpkin spice, cinnamon & peppermint, christmas trees), on top of all the festivities and fun with FAMILY... love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment