This recipe (click it!) also came from the Pioneer Woman. TRY IT! It's soooo good! It's actually super easy & fast too! But I NEVER knew how fattening this dish is!!!! Holy moly- two sticks of butter!?!?! I was nervous about poaching the eggs, but they turned out okay! It's not that hard! (See pic below)
It's not the same as my *favorite* eggs benedict, at The Cottage Restaurant in Laguna Beach... yummy! My Hollandaise sauce was a little lemony and I only used the juice from one lemon, but still delicious! About the Cottage, there's nothing spectacular about that restaurant... it's quaint and has quite an ordinary menu... but their eggs benedict arnold (has added avocado) are to die for! Love the outdoor patio atmosphere. If you live in the area, they have a great brunch menu, have some eggs benedict with some OJ or a Mimosa, mmm... When I was pregnant with Jake, we went there for brunch after doctor appts to celebrate. I remember crying (tears of JOY and AWE!) at the table over my plate of eggs benedict because I couldn't stop re-living the amazing little life we had just witnessed on ultrasound, finally seeing the tiny little heartbeat. (After being told a week prior that the baby wasn't viable.) ~*~*~*~*
And look at him, he's *perfect*! Can you believe they were trying to prepare me for a D&C?!? Perfect, and perfectly kooky and crazy like his mama & dada! This morning he was sitting in his highchair with a baby wipe on his head. (I had given it to him to "help" mama wipe up his breakfast mess.) He sat there with it on his head for like 5 minutes while I swept up the floor mess, almost like he had forgotten it was even there.
But he hadn't, because as soon as he saw me looking at him with camera in hands, he pointed up to it and said "AT!?!" (Hat)
So cute! He makes me smile all over!
3 comments:
Your eggs turned out lovely! Though, I found later in the week, that I wanted this everyday for breakfast, the sauce wasn't going to last and I wasn't going to make it everyday...so we eventually just started making it without the sauce...until all the English muffins ran out.
Wow, they tried to D&C little Jake! Oh my! I'm mortified.
I always feel like those first appointments in the early months of pregnancy are just pointless, unless they're pointing you in the direction of a good pregnancy book and how to care for yourself. If it's meant to be it will take care of itself either way.
I know, that part was horrible. From cloud-nine (the happiest blissful excitement & awe *ever*!) to major rock bottom, then glimmers of hope... it was only a week, but a really long week, and then we saw the heartbeat. I told them I wouldn't get a D&C, that I wanted to give him more time. i was sure that if this baby wasn't viable, my body would take care of it. ugh, i hate to remember that! i vowed that i wouldn't "find out" (take a test) early the next time, and definitely no doctors appts until later, but neither of those happened- this time i also found out very shortly after conception, and my 1st appt was at like 7 wk. i feel like almost *all* the appts are pointless! i have to drag myself to them each month! (week now)
p.s. we want to eat eggs benedict on a weekly basis (daily would be better!)... i have to make some homefries next time, do you have a good 'recipe'?
I'm not surprised at the D & C thing. Such typical medical garbage. My cousin's wife just miscarried at 2 months along and they scheduled her for a D & C the next day. I was so upset. If anything, a D & C will likely put her at risk for another miscarriage and pregnancy complications in the future. After all, it is an abortion procedure. The body knows how to handle a miscarriage if a baby is not meant to be carried to term. I have a friend who had a miscarriage very early on this year (in the first few months also) who would have been due around right now, ironically enough. She let nature take its course through the miscarriage and she is just fine. She goes to the same holistic practice that we go to, and they told her that D & C is what the medical community will most often do; however, she could choose to just rest at home and her body would likely take care of everything. And it did. She is perfectly fine today and her body did not get subjected to unnecessary and dangerous procedures that would likely compromise future pregnancies.
I agree...prenatal appointments are usually a bunch of meaningless worrying and invasive and harmful procedures to Mom AND Baby. I didn't find a midwife until I was 13 weeks along with my son. For my daughter, I didn't even go to our midwife until my pregnancy was almost halfway over at 4 months. Those first few precious months with just my baby and me were glorious.
I firmly believe that OB/GYNs are NOT the ones who are supposed to care for pregnant mamas & their babies. Most mothers in history have relied on the steady, compassionate, holistic support of midwives. My average midwife appointment was 2 hours. It was wonderful. No fear. No dread. I looked forward to it. I chatted with her in her own home office, felt the baby move, heard the baby in the fetascope, got some free, homemade yummy pregnancy herb teas, it was the best!
Ok, rambling, sorry.
When's your due date?
Happy labor & delivery vibes!
Post a Comment