9.22.2007

Miss Daisy!!

MISS DAISY

It's time to post pictures of our 4-year-old Great Dane, Daisy. Per our contract, every year we send pictures to the breeder (Colra Danes), but this year I think my Yahoo Groups account went inactive since I hadn't been on in so long. So I'm posting them here. She's our skinny-minny. She lost a lot of weight about a year ago (see previous post if you're interested)- she's stopped losing weight thankfully, but hasn't gained any back either. After a zillion tests and thousands of dollars, they ruled out pretty much everything, but said that something is invading her lungs, presumably cancer. The next steps were biopsies and lung-washes to diagnose it, and we declined. Number one, we couldn't afford it, and number two, even though her insurance would cover it, we decided that we wouldn't put her through cancer treatments. Since they had ruled out everything else, we decided to give it a break and see what happened. So it's been about 10 months or so since all of this, and she's doing fine. She's asymptomatic, and is as happy as can be- she's just as active and maintains her usual appetite. So here's our update... Although skinny, she's our little love and is doing well.
About Daisy & Jake... they are so great together! Daisy is an absolute SWEETHEART! And is so good with Jake. Jake is *obsessed* with her, actually! He runs around saying "Daishy, Daishy!"... and he gets totally hysterical when he watches her run around the yard playing with her toys! Daisy has gotten a little excited lately as Jake has become more mobile. She has actually wanted to "play" with him a few times when he's outside walking in 'her' yard... it scared me a little because she's so big- I don't want her to knock him over or step on him (which she did once, and almost did another time... both in the last week!) I told her she'd need to wait a few years for that. (P.S. Jake is blowing a kiss in the pic below)


2 comments:

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

aww! what a cute dog!! I love great danes!!

Ashleigh Baker said...

What a pretty doggie!!

Love the kisses-blowing! :)