I can't believe it's already the end of August... sad! But in the mean time we're enjoying every minute. {{Well, minus the ones that we're dying of heat, trying to find an excuse to get out of the house.}} Pregnancy and hot non-air-conditioned hot days don't work well together! haha But we've been spending lots of time relaxing in the shade outside, going to parks, beaches, and visiting other peoples pools or air-conditioned malls/etc. One things for sure, if I'm home during the hottest part of the day, I'm absolutely NOT doing anything productive!!! haha I'm usually lounging with baby.
About above pic, yes, I did let Jake sit naked in the grass. I was worried about his poor little bottom getting itchy but he didn't mind. I had to set him down while I ran inside to get a towel & hat before putting him in the little pool (below), but had to take a pic of my little naked boy!
P.S. I have something exciting on my mind... Jake is sleeping better than he ever has!!!! When he was born we put him to sleep with a pacifier because it's one of the recommendations to prevent SIDS. (With the intention of taking it away at 4 months). We never stopped! Until 3 nights ago. The first night was hard, but now he sleeps through the night without any wake-ups, without calling us in there to replace it. I've been absolutely dreading it, but he has learned in just 3 short days how to self-soothe and put himself to sleep on his own. Lastnight he went down without even ONE PEEP... he watched me say goodnight, and rolled over and hugged his "baby" lamb. YAY!!!!!!!!
Really quick, on a different note, I've been inspired recently to try my hand at a veggie garden again. Still trying to figure out where to start, because this time I want to do it right and have enough food to feed my family... but I'm hoping to get one started in the next few months. Seeing pics of my friend's garden totally inspired me, so if anybody has any tips, I would love to hear them! The other thing is that I'm going to pick up some knitting again-- make some things for my new baby, who I am suddenly sooo excited to get things ready for. (Nesting has begun!!!) We don't have much to do to prepare for another BABY (we have everything we need), but there are things around the house that I definitely want to get done before he gets here. We have things that were supposed to be done 16 months ago (when I was "nesting" and preparing the house for Jake), that still haven't been done! We tore out our linen cabinets in the hallway to create a computer nook (with built-in desk and overhead cabinets for linens)... but it's still just an empty nook with the computer sitting on a piano bench and wires strewn across the house!!! Ah, it drives me nuts!! Every time someone comes over I have to explain because it's so embarassing! So we're going to get that done before this baby comes and have someone convert our desktop to "wireless". YAY! My old piano was also sitting on the patio for the last 16 months (since it got put out in the RAIN during hardwood installation...grrr...) and it was finally hauled away last week. (Another thing I'm always trying to make excuses for... our ghetto yard with old pianos and stuff in it... I say "we're still under construction, excuse the mess... for 16 months! Sometimes it's so hard to get things done around here, but I think Kevin is feeling a little "nesting bug" too, thank goodness! He's just as inspired as I am right now! YAY!!!) Little by little! I'm so happy. Getting rid of stuff feels so good! I'm sure I'll keep you all posted on the garden & knitting projects. I can't wait! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment