Jake is doing great- crawling around a ton and "cruising" on furniture. No walking yet! But we're okay with it, he'll be running around in no time I'm sure. He says new words and is so cute, but doesn't seem to use his newly-learned words on a regular basis. Yesterday he said "Daisy" for the 1st time, but won't say it again! Last month he (clearly) said "duck" (while pointing at his rubber duckie) but only said it for a few days but not any more. Is this normal!?!? I'm sure it is, most things that kids go through are normal!! But I get so excited about his new words, and then he stops using them... he's making a liar out of me! hehe I try not to worry about ANYthing if I can help it... Being married to a police officer has given me lots of practice with worry & surrender (& trusting God)... but I am still a first-time mommy! So every once in a while I get a little flash of worry-- is he supposed to be verbalizing more? It seems like most kids his age are. His 'babble' has even changed and gotten less complicated (not many word sounds or syllables anymore!) I think that maybe subconsciously, all my researching is affecting me! I've been reading about vaccines & autism because he was supposed to get the MMR at his last visit and I declined (much to his pediatrician's dismay). I'm sure we'll get it eventually, but I can't do it if I'm not sure. I need to make a decision that I'm comfortable with, and at this point I see nothing wrong with postponing the vaccine- he's already had enough stupid vaccines!!! And we haven't had any M,M,or R outbreaks in our area. Any thoughts on any of this??
Anyways, he is such a good & happy boy. We just finished his first 5-week session of swim lessons. He holds his breath and goes under water for 3+ seconds, kicks his feet, jumps in & turns to find/climb the wall (guided), and he's learning to float on his back but doesn't really like the feeling much. He LOVES the water, it's so cute!!! At his last appointment he weighed 19.5 pounds and was 30 inches long. His baby brother is doing great too~~ no name yet! I'll be 24 weeks this Wednesday (6 lunar months) and it's been a really easy pregnancy. I honestly forget I'm preggo most of the time, we're just having fun with our little family.
My niece, Alyssa, is visiting us for the week- we're having lots of fun doing girl stuff. A few weeks ago Jake got to meet his great aunt/uncle from Arizona. It was great to spend time with Ron & Chris (& the kids!)-- I love how families grow through marriage. I am happy to call these wonderful and kind people *my* family!!!
Hope everybody is doing well. My laptop broke so I lost ALL of my pictures from Jake's first year. I had already printed some of them, but the rest are gone! I'm so sad-- if you are family and you have any pictures from the last 6 months or so, let me know! I'm trying to get my scrapbooking & Jake's baby book finished before baby#2 comes! We're now back to using the OLD desktop but it's very tempermental & my pictures aren't really secure on it either (it's on the verge of crashing most of the time, and the CD burner won't backup anything anymore!) Yah, I know. We need to invest in new equip, but we're a little jaded at this point... the laptop was only a year old!
LOTS OF LOVE to you all!!!!
1 comment:
I was religious about vaccinating Peter on time, to the earliest day possible. One his first birthday he got his MMR and Varicella... for the next four weeks he had unexplained HIGH temp fevers that would spike out of nowhere. He had his first (of three) febrile seizures. His O-sats dropped into the 80% range. You know about our delays, and the Speech Pathologist we saw last week feels Peter probably has some degree of Autism. The stats are alarming. It used to be cleft lips and club foot was the most common birth defect with an incidence of 1 in 700 births. Autism has an incidence of about 1 in 150...that's crazy.
I see no problem with waiting at the very least. I don't know what age, but for us, the rest of our kids won't get it till they're 5...or older...haven't decided, but not till I know they're much more developed neurologically.
Post a Comment