So I realized that my new knitting hobby is really going to stick, meaning that it was time for a major shopping spree. (I'm tired of the black chunky wool!) I have big plans!!! (Check out all of the yummy yarn Jake & I got today!)

Here's a pic of my most recent project... I made myself a {funny-looking} slipper sock. (Yes, "A"... I finished it but don't want to make another one... I'm too excited to start my next project to see what *else* I can make! I'll get around to the 2nd sock later). LOL
Let me throw in a picture of the boy! He was rolling around with this giant snake today and gleefully screaming- it was so cute and funny. (And yes, "rolling around" is right... he finally rolled from back-to-front on Monday... now he can roll around whichever way he wants, and he is having fun being a squirmy little giggly baby- he makes my heart full!!!)

Here's a pic of my most recent project... I made myself a {funny-looking} slipper sock. (Yes, "A"... I finished it but don't want to make another one... I'm too excited to start my next project to see what *else* I can make! I'll get around to the 2nd sock later). LOLP.S. I haven't really "finished" any of my projects. The loose ends need to be woven in, but I'm always too excited to cast on my next piece. Another thing I'll get around to! :)
I still need to get some practice with the needles. I've been focusing on loom knitting since it's so much faster and I have a deadline here! :) I had *no* idea that you could do so many different stitches and techniques on the loom! I'm hoping to get a fine gauge loom and also a small baby sock loom. Stay tuned... hopefully I can crank out some actual presentable items in the near future, with all the cool new yarn I got!

Let me throw in a picture of the boy! He was rolling around with this giant snake today and gleefully screaming- it was so cute and funny. (And yes, "rolling around" is right... he finally rolled from back-to-front on Monday... now he can roll around whichever way he wants, and he is having fun being a squirmy little giggly baby- he makes my heart full!!!)
3 comments:
So here's a little secret I learned from a wondeful, beautiful, elder E.R. nurse. I once asked, "with all that needs to be done at once, how do we get anything done?" She turned to me and said, "decide what needs to be done most urgently, then do one thing at a time." She added, "if you don't focus on one task till completion, nothing will ever be complete." So I've tried to incorporate this advice into my knitting as well. It's very common to have sooo many ideas, and so many projects in the works, that non get completed. Adventually, this can lead to discouragement, as the excitement wears off. But when you complete a project and are totally free to take on a new one with full focus the excitement and mommentum continues, and you will not get bored.
But that's just my philosophy. You should finish the other sock. Then you can admire your beautiful work everyday while wearing them. And those are awesome, by the way! What a fun stash of yarn to get you started. Jake will enjoy playing with it too, just watch.
SOOOO cute this little boy is!!! i think you are having too much fun knitting and playing with your sweet sonny to decorate for Christmas!! enjoy the season with your two main men!!!
Answer to your question, yes, you inspired me to get some things done...cause got to follow my own advice, lol. Can't wait to see the next projects!
Post a Comment