

*~
*~
*~
*~
*~
*~
*~
*~
For some reason, during my pregnancy I was consumed with two nagging desires... one was to go to Hawaii (understandable), and the other was to go fishing. I thought about it all the time, and asked Kevin at least 3-4 times weekly if we could go.
I've only been fishing a few times in my life, but I enjoyed myself so immensely every time! I had been asking for a pole for the last 3 years and finally got one for my birthday this past August... so last weekend I got to test drive it! Of course, as you can tell, we didn't catch anything (or else I would be posting pics of us showing off our fish!) But I had such an amazing time. To me there aren't many things more relaxing than fishing. Every time I've gone, I have felt the same thing... peace! I could sit there at the side of the river for hours. The sunsets in Arizona are *always* beautiful- and the night sky is amazing, I saw a zillion shooting stars! The other cool thing about fishing is the little waves of excitement when you think you feel a bite (or you think you will *any* minute!)... the excitement that reminds me of gambling- waiting for your winning card to be dealt. It really made my weekend. The whole camping trip was wonderful, but I have been thinking about fishing for so long now, that it was a very well-overdue fulfillment for me!
So beyond fishing, here are some other pics from the rest of our trip. It was such a great time, we didn't want to leave! Oh! One other major thing that happened while camping... Jake got to meet his great-grandparents for the first time!

Another (not-so-good) first, he got a mini-sunburn on his cheeks... bad mama!!! We fell asleep in the trailor for 2 hours, and we were under a window. The sun crept in while we were napping. Luckily it wasn't bad, just a tiny bit pink. (You can see those rosy cheeks in the pic below, with Auntie Danielle & soon-to-be cousin!)
P.S. the other pics... 1) Jake dipping his feet in the cold water, and 2) our "family picture"(below), with Jake in his 'river hat'!
1 comment:
Looks like you guys had fun! I've never fished. I take it that is not Lindo lake? Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment