10.23.2006











~*~**~*~**~**~*~**~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~ Over $47,000 raised for Breast Cancer!!!
I think I'm finally rested, after yet another amazing event put on by Ever After Scrapbooks Store in collaboration with Susan G Koman Breast Cancer Foundation. 24 hours of scrapbooking fun, with the goal of raising funds for breast cancer research, supporting those affected, and raising awareness. Every year I leave the event feeling pumped... it's just so awe-some what a difference a small group of people can do. (170 participants). I just learned that the most recent statistics say that 47,000 women per year will lose their battle with breast cancer each year. How bazaar is that, that we raised $47,100. Each year I also say I'm going to step up my fundraising. I already have ideas for next year...
P.S. About the event... we had a wonderful group of gals on our "island". Group picture (L-R): Gaby, Annie, Anna, Me, Colleen, Jaime, & Dede. Our island theme was "Survivor Scouts", for which we won third place! I had to include a picture of the footprints that I snuck from Jake while he was sleeping (during one of his visits). It was the perfect finishing touch for my footsie layout!
We had a local expert come speak about a very rare, aggressive type of breast cancer called Inflammatory Breast Cancer. Many people have never heard of this type... if you aren't familar with it, please read on! (Link to webpage at the bottom of this post). One of the biggest differences is that the symptoms and detection are *completely* different from what we all think. There are no lumps with this type of breast cancer, and it can't be detected by mammograms or ultrasound. Check out this website for more information on symptoms, detection & treatment: http://www.IBCResearch.org

1 comment:

Dede Warren said...

megan,

i love your photos! i had such a nice time with you and your sister. what a great island i landed on. i hope we can gether and scrap in the future. let me know when you have few hours. i can come to you, if its easier for you and your sweet jake.

thanks for a great weekend!
dede