7.05.2012

6 years ago today... {overwhelmed!} Feeling a bit undeserving right now; filled with humility really. I usually LOVE the night before one of my children's birthdays... they are filled with these awe-inspiring, precious, joyful memories. Tonight is the first Bday-eve that I've ever felt sad in this way. Remembering the miracle of Jake's birth, and holding the gift of my first-born son is such ...an utter contrast to the way we spent many of our moments over the last year: butting heads. I haven't extended the grace he has deserved. I haven't clearly shown him Christ's love in my actions or words. (I'm fully aware that I'm not extending myself grace either!) Feeling a little inadequate to be raising God's children right about now! Anyways, however undeserving, I am so honored & blessed to be Mommy to my precious Jake Parker. His heart blows me away. I will try to be more gentle with it, and to better live-up to my calling. {Now there's a different version of the "6 years ago today" FB post!} LOL ~a little too real for fb, but it's MN & i don't care~

No comments: