6.16.2010

Here's a dose of some shameless mommy rambling.!

Apparently, I am unable to edit & arrange photos/text! So I wrote my post (which is like a run-on, because my paragraphs keep disappearing), and when I uploaded the pics, they all just stacked at the top in no particular order! So whatever... I guess I'll just narrate them.

Kevin with the 3 boys, walking near the harbor. So cute! I love my boys, all 4 of them!


Snuggling with my boys!





Daddy time... they love to play together.


Family photo, Easter 2010


Austin, being a cutie


Andrew, propped & 'riding' the bike. I tried not to be nervous, because it was Kevin's friend, but I was!


Jake's sweet smile!



Austin


Andrew's contagious & adorable smile
And, here's the TEXT:

I wonder if I will keep up on this blog...
So far, not. I just don't have time! But sometimes I think that I should.
I definitely want to figure out how to get a few little videos on here, and I want to continue recording some of the funny, sweet things that the kids say.
So it's been 4 months since my last visit... I guess I'll just start back up with a generic update post!
Jake will be 4 years old in July. I cannot believe it! My baby is turning 4!! He will be starting preschool on his birthday! He is amazing. He writes most of his letters, writes his name, knows all his letter sounds, and is learning to read some 'sight words' (play, he, if, etc) and sound out 3 letter words. Seriously. I am not pushing him! The only reason I do this learning with him is because he is *hungry* for it! He asks to do flashcards, letters, & patterns! Oh yah, and then there's the educational videos that the kids love... which is probably where most of the learning took place! hehe (We LOVE the LeapFrog Letter Factory series, and the Preschool Prep Co Meet the Letters series!) Jake also loves to draw, and drafts some very intricate trucks and machines. He blows me away! He also truely loves baby Andrew. They have a great connection. They always make eachother smile and laugh. He is very tender-hearted.
Austin is 2 1/2. He is ball of fire! He potty trained about a month ago-- it was a cinch. He decided he wanted to, and he did. Which is so Austin! He didn't care about stickers, prizes, or posters... he just wanted someone to cheer for him every time he went. Oh, and he wanted to yell about it (in very graphic terms), to anyone and everyone. For example, "I PUSHED A POO POO OUT OF MY BOOTY!!" A little TMI, but he didn't care! He makes me laugh. I'm not sure if I've said this before, but he wears his heart on his sleeve. Whether he's upset or happy, I always know it. I hope that never changes. He says what he means, and with as much emotion as he means it, no matter what. I love knowing that when he says I love you, I'm sorry, I'm sad... that he always means it right in that moment. It's so special! I also love that he is my biggest fan. I know it's probably the age, because Jake used to be. Sometimes Austin runs over to me and says, "Mommy!! You are so beautiful!" He says it with such enthusiasm, like he saw me first time, and usually while touching a dress that I've put on, or while rubbing the side of my face. It melts my heart! He is one beautiful soul.
Andrew is 10 months old now. Almost a YEAR. {Really?} And this is where I say what I always say... it's going by too fast!!!! He is a total sweet heart, and such an easy baby. He smiles readily, and I think he might have a little bit of Jake & a little bit of Austin in him. Sometimes he acts shy, but then again, I think maybe it's an act-- because then he'll shine a playful smile back the minute after he buried his face in my neck. I don't want to sound like I'm saying, "My 10 month-old is talking," but... he makes a lot of different sounds at very appropriate times! For instance, today I said, "shhh..." to him, and he looked up at me and said, "no."
I'm serious.
When I tell him, "no-no!" he says, "noh-noh!" He says "uh-uh!" with significance at the appropriate times... just sayin'!
He also says, "Dada" & "Mama" (but usually it's "Nana"), but those are usually coached.
Hmm, milestones & updates... he has 2 teeth, he waves, points & babbles, he's scooting, cruising, and doing the Andrew-crawl-- which is like crawling while sitting, if you can imagine. I have to get it on tape. I guess that's it. This is only interesting to me, I know. But I have to record it! This is the stuff of the baby book!
AND... now I will post a million photos.
(or not!)

1 comment:

ExploreColorado said...

what cute pictures! I agree its so hard to keep up with posting. I guess thats why it seems all I do is post a few pictures every now and then... not to worry. Eventually things will slow down again when your boys get bigger.