In case you're wondering:
1-2-3 Magic
The Mission of Motherhood
Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline
Here's a picture of the boys at I visiting Mickey Mouse's house!

A nice older man took this photo of us, and afterward Austin promptly ran over and wrapped a HUGE BEAR HUG around his legs! It was so cute. What a "thanks" he received! Anyways, I couldn't believe both boys had their eyes open, and mine were shut!

And as we left California Adventure, I had an "Ah ha!" moment... "R" is a letter that we all have in common!!! (Being it's the first letter of our last name...) I didn't think of it last time, so I just got a pic of Austin in front of the "A", and wished that there was a "J"! Next time we go as a family, we'll be sure to get all of us next to the "R".
Below is a photo of the biggest reason I decided to take the boys today.

Playhouse Disney!!! I've been wanting to take the boys forever! And I was afraid they would phase out this show sometime. It was a HIT with the boys, just as I expected/hoped! Today was the last day we could go with our passes before all of the Easter & Spring Break Black-out days, so that is what kept me going during the difficult morning of preparation. It was WELL WORTH IT! We had so much fun. We didn't stay long or go on any rides because my neck/back has been hurting (from all of the manic housecleaning that occurs daily, as Realtors pop-in virtually unannounced!) But I'm glad I finally braved Disneyland by myself because now I know that it's not only possible, but it's even enjoyable! {{disclaimer: we were done after 2 1/2 hours! Exhausted!}}

Jake with Mickey's mailbox, and (below) with "Bruce SHARK" (as he says)

I think I'll end this post with one of my favorite verses...
"I can do all things through him who gives me strength..." Phillippians 4:13
I am so thankful for this peaceful day that I spent with my kids, all being happy together without so many of the struggles that we've been having lately. As I watched Jake run around and heard Austin pointing out the trees and birds as we walked, I was overwhelmed with all of those good, overwhelming mommy feelings... those of awe and thanksgiving... I needed a hefty dose of that!
2 comments:
Aww Megan!! I am SO glad you and the boys had a great time! Love the pictures....
love it! you are such a wonderful mommy!! btw, how do you like "1 2 3 magic"??? one of my girlfriends swears by it...and i would love to know your thoughts! xoxo love you and so glad you had a wonderful day with your adorable boys at the happiest place on earth!
Post a Comment