I'm excited to post some photos, but have to get to sleep before work tomorrow!
We have been seriously spoiled lately. The day after my "me" post, my parents bought me a Disneyland annual pass. Then a few days after my broken camera post, they bought me an early Christmas present... the camera I've always wanted!! (P.S. They don't read the blog so they don't know I even mentioned them here!) Anyways, I'm so, so thank-full. My parents-in-law also spoiled us (& saved us) because our washer machine broke and I came home from work last week with a brand new one already installed & whirring away. I can't believe it! What a burden lifted! I don't know what to say about all of this, except that I do feel a bit spoiled right now. Christmas came early for me, and it was way more than I could have ever asked for!!! Thank you thank you! What an amazing surprise. (Plural, I guess! SurpriseS)
On to the photos, though. This is mostly what I did today. Take photos. Of my backyard, garden, kids, inanimate objects (including a basketball, a Christmas ornament, a candle holder, a slug, the stucco wall...) I'm just fascinated by the detail I can capture and by how close I can get, the crispness of the images. I'm loving playing with my lenses & my speeds. I'm in heaven! And whenever I'm holding it, I'm extremely nervous-- I'm so afraid of breaking it! (Did I ever mention that at any given time there could be a lincoln log or matchbox car in my path? Or little hands pulling on whatever I have in my hands? It's truly scary!)
Here was an exciting moment for me. MID-JUMP photos!!!!! I can't even tell you how envious I've been of those mommies who have been able to capture mid-action shots. But now I can! Jake had so much fun jumping into the laundry pile today. I let him, simply so I could practice snapping away.
& the safe landing
Austin watching his brother
Murder she wrote. This is a shot of her final moment. I'm pretty sure I had no qualms with the idea of using pesticides/chemicals/poison at this point. I'm sorry, black widow lovers. She is beautiful. But not in my children's "playground". (I found a huge egg sack under the workbench- don't know what to do with it. This lady has been around for a while-- I've been looking for her for months (as I recognized her web, but could never find her hiding place.) She sure is well-fed, isn't she?
5 comments:
yay for your new camera!!! that is soooo exciting! what kind did you get? that is so wonderful and you SO DESERVE it!! =) love you...great pics!
Cute pictures Megan!! That black widow looks pretty scary! I hope you are feeling better. Julia and I have colds and I am excited to announce that I am PREGNANT!!! #2 is on the way! Due 7/31/09...Hopefully we can get together soon. I miss you! Take care...Bri
I'm so happy of you having an early Christmas, having a washing machine, and of course for making your children's yard safe again. We too have black widows and I too get rid of the. Enjoy all your new treats, oh... and if you want to share... what kind of camera did you get? I want a new one, but haven't done any research.
Love the new camera already! And you all look wonderful, as always! Wow, you really are spoiled...they bought you a new washer! Cool!
What kind of camera did you get? That's just awesome! Love your action shots!!
Post a Comment