Because this website has made me obsessed with my dinner plans lately!
Tonight I made yummy dinner even though Kevin was at work- just for me and the boys! It's so nice to have a healthy, home cooked meal on the nights when I usually don't. (Which are many of them, since Kevin's work has him away during most evenings.) I grew up eating everything fresh & home cooked, never canned or boxed. I am disgusted that I have allowed the "quick-fix" meals to creep into such a prominent place in our routine. (I know! Please don't throw rocks! My poor babies!)
But that's why I love this website. So first, tonight's dinner:
Thai Garlic and Basil Chicken
Green Beans with Lemon & Garlic
(and we had mandarin oranges for dessert)
My sweet friend made a reference to this website on her blog, and I LOVE it! I've only made three meals from it so far, but they have all been delicious. I love sharing recipes so so much! But I'm afraid there may be some sort of copyrights on them since they're from a meal planning website. I'll look into it. So for now, no recipe, just an un-fabulous photo.
Tonight I wasn't crazy about the green beans (probably because they were a little cold when I served them so the olive oil had coated them a little). But the main course- it was delish! And (huge bonus) both my boys liked it! Even my wannabe vegetarian 2-year-old kept asking for "Mo meat pleees"!
So SIX O'CLOCK SCRAMBLE is the coolest! It's a menu planning website that creates a weekly menu for you or you can make your own custom menu. You can search the database by recipe type, preparation specifics, ingredient, etc. Each recipe has the health information on it. But to me, the best part is that it creates your grocery list!!! (AND the list is categorized by food type/grocery aisle, and each ingredient references which recipe it's for in case you change your mind while shopping or eliminate a side dish, you'll know which ingredients you don't need to get.) Anyways, I promise I'm not sharing this info for any other reason, other than that I'm excited about it!
There is a promotion code on my grocery list-- I'm not sure if it's for a discount or what, and I promise you I'm not getting any perks or benefits, this is NOT an advertisement!
I'm just a little busy momma of two who happened upon a website that has made feeding my little family a lot easier, and I'm loving it! They have no idea that I even have a blog. But since I'm rambling about this cool little site, if you do decide to check it out or try it- here's the 'promotion code' that was printed on the top of my grocery list: GLMEG7171 . Please don't get me wrong and think I'm a "promoter"!!! I'm just excited! :)
BTW, the other two meals I made were:
Grilled (or broiled, in my case) Halibut in Soy-Ginger Marinade
and Pan-Fried Polenta with Summer Vegetables
So far the meals have been super easy & tasty.
END COMMERCIAL (joke! joke!)
I found the garden culprit, by the way. Look closely at the pic above. I picked a large sprig of Basil for my recipe. And didn't even see these two little friends until it had been on my counter for 20 minutes! Little brats! But so cute, I can't kill them! What do I do?!?
P.S. If you were interested in my previous Organic Gardening dilemma, I ended up using Blood Meal (contains cows blood) around the perimeter to repel the squirrels from my plants. It worked!!! BUT, my entire garden is now basically infested with little brown ants. They don't hurt anything, but I absolutely hate them. A million-gazillion of them come pouring out every time I water, and they're totally a nuisance when Austin decides to take a mouthful of dirt. haha just kidding, that only happened once!
My husband laughs at me when I take pics of inanimate objects, like my garden or food, for example. But I'm going to post two more photos of things that made me happy today.
1) Look at how nicely these green beans fit into this Tupperware! Yay for oblong Tupperware!!
It's the little things.
And 2) Making fun of myself tonight by taking the next photo. The photos became more & more quirky, culminating with this one: a specimen from this morning's batch of blueberry muffins posing with my plant.
P.S. I know. Who does this?
Extra-bored & procrastinating wives to working husbands with a new early bedtime for the kids. (1 1/2 extra hours, baby!!!)
On to more productive things... Bon Soir!
1 comment:
Love the new look.
Don't you just love garden vegitables? They're my favorite.
Post a Comment