Freeze frame...
Today, at 1:15 pm, Sept 17, 2008...
All I hear is the quiet whirring of our A/C. That's it! The silence is so refreshing! It makes me want to jump up and down!
I remember as a child my mom would say how much she loves the silence. I thought that was a sad statement, likening it to someone having white as a favorite color... boring! The sound of the TV would bother her when she was down at the kitchen table doing her sewing. When we would finally lower the volume (of our music or TV) she would let out an exaggerated sigh of relief, and often exclaim, "Thank goodness!"
All I have to say is, I understand now! I am such a close replica of my momma!
So back to this moment. How beautiful is this:
Not just the images of my precious sleeping babies, but the quiet-time that comes along with it... ooh, how nice!
I won't take a pic of me at this moment, (for that would not be a pretty sight... wet scraggley hair & no makeup!), but look at my setup. I'm actually using my quiet-time to relax.
notebook reads: "development skills dictate behavior"
I'm on the couch reading, snacking, enjoying some 100% Kona coffee (yumm! my twice-weekly treat from Aloha Coffee, around the corner from Jake's swim lessons).
A quiet house, a blanket, goldfish, multigrain rice cakes, my planner, foot lotion, 2 water bottles, coffee, DrSears Discipline book, pen/paper, & a "smut" (aka: tabloid) magazine. What more could a girl ask for?
2 comments:
How do I get this "Quiet Time"???
I need some!
PURE LUCK!!
Notice that the last post about quiet time happening in my home was a LONG time ago! haha
Post a Comment