I think the reason I'm telling this story, though, is because I'm concerned about going to work tomorrow. I feel like a truck ran over me, but I look like I've been partying hard- with spending 2 of my last 3 days outdoors in celebration... people are going to see my tan (oops I forgot sunscreen again) and think I played hookie. I do care too much about what other people think!
Back to my baby's birthday... I can't believe he's TWO YEARS OLD!
I didn't take ONE photo from either of the weekends events. But someone else grabbed my camera during the birthday cake. (Thankyou!) As I get more photos from others, I think I'll probably add them here.
singing "happy birthday..."
& trying to get him to blow out the candles, but he was only obsessed with one thing...
...the cars atop his cake.
Yes, I did a "themed" party. It wasn't going to be, but we were shopping party supplies, and he got SO excited when he saw the Lightning McQueen gear (a la CARS, the Disney movie). I had to oblige. How many people can resist their firstborns excited GASP folowed by the (somewhat loud) and excited exclaimations: "WA TAT!!! WA SAT!!!" Oh my gosh, you should've seen him when he saw his very own Lightning McQueen setup! The balloon that talked, the cars on the cake, the birthday banner, and best of all, the plates. He carried around a Lightning McQueen plate for at least 10 minutes. I love when my babies are happy. I'll do almost anything for that! lol
So here are a few random pics of my sweet, two-year-old. He truely is a SWEET . HEART . He's the sweetest little boy I've ever met. No biases here, of course. One of my favorite things these days is when I walk up and he sees me, and his face lights up and he says "Mama!" and runs to me. Ohh!! I love that!!!!
I read a post by a someone whom I've never met (a.ann at resolved2worship), but through reading her blog I have come to know that she's an amazing woman & mother. Anyways, she was talking about how she wants her sons to go out into the world and be independent and just about letting go as a mom- and her sons being fathers and husbands and all that. (I'll let you read it, but for some reason I can't link directly to that specific post, so just scroll down to the "Real Life Monday" post from 6/24/08.) Anyways, I can say honestly that I'm not there yet. I want my babies to run to me forever! I know, they have to grow up. And I want them to be Godly men and husbands and fathers and all that. That is my biggest wish for them. But I'm not there yet. Right here & now, I'm still at the point where I slightly dread the growing independence. I'm holding on big time! I don't want them to leave the house. I want to hug them forever and kiss their itty toes. I'm in a little bit of denial! :) I know for sure, though, I will get there. I have time for that.
A few random pictures of my biggest little guy.

Happy 2nd Birthday, my sweet boy, Jake!
4 comments:
Looks like your having birthdays too. How fun.
Vickie
oh no!!! your sickness sounds AWFUL...and unfortunately, i can relate!!! we have had that same type of thing before...and it was the worst thing in the world. i'm glad you have all recovered (did austin escape it?) & so glad jake had a fun party despite the sickness. love you!
Oh Happy birthday Jake!
Oh boy, do you have some cuties, or what???
I can totally relate to your not wanting them to grow up and be independent yet! I'm with ya!
I remember when my 6 year old was in K-3, and her teachers were teaching her to say "backpack" instead of "packpack" or "volcano" instead of "ballcano." It broke my heart, and, I must confess, I'd "undo" their teaching in the evening!
Thanks for stopping by my blog... I'm loving yours!
Post a Comment