4.07.2008

He can what!?!?

Apparently I keep forgetting that my baby is FIVE months old!


I don't read about things like I did when Jake was a baby. I knew exactly when to expect the milestones and exactly what to do to foster his development in those areas. He had toys to stimulate all his senses, lots of reading time and tummy time. Not that Austin doesn't have those things, but not in the undivided and purposeful intent that Jake did. (I don't know if that even makes sense! haha)

Anyways, this time I'm just being taken by surprise on all the little milesotones. I see a kid sitting, and I'm like, "Woah, he's right around Austin's age... maybe I should see if he can sit up without support!"

So, yes, today we tried it, and we had success. At least for a few seconds before tipping over, but he's gotten better in just the few times we tried it today. It's still the sitting-up where baby leans so far forward that it looks almost uncomfortable, but he seems perfectly happy.



And he does sit on my lap sometimes when I read to Jake. I actually felt guilty about that today, so I read him a little book all by himself today for the first time ever. One-on-one time is so special, but just hard to come by (with either of the boys)! Thankfully, they don't seem to mind sharing me!!! :)



P.S. I added this picture because his little half-smile reminds me of Austin's in his pic. I took them both this afternoon during our outside time.

3 comments:

Dede Warren said...

They change right before your eyes, don't they Meg!?

Kimberly said...

Hi, Megan!
Just catching up! Your boys are such cuties! And you are such a great mom! Your love for them just shines through everything you write!
Blessings!

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Hi Megan...

Funny, I never took your blog off of my favorites...maybe I just knew you would be back soon, yay!

I enjoyed your pictures. You brought me back twenty years when you mentioned Solvang. I haven't been there since Cindy Lauper was in the top ten. I bet it was a blast to be there with your little ones.