That's me. Sorry friends! But I'm just writing to say that I'm going to continue to take the MIA route for now. My life has been keeping me busy. So busy that I feel like I'm just barely keeping my head above water at times!
There are some people whose togetherness make me feel like I'm the only one on the planet who isn't caught up in my housework or who has ever felt this tired. And then there are those who confide that they've been there too. Aah! I'm so thankful for my friends here who have shared glimpses of their lives, and made me realize that I'm not alone!
So let me just expose, once-and-for-all, something that I've been feeling horrible about for the last few days. My house is a wreck.
There. I said it.
I feel like I'm being overtaken by laundry. My sister (who is on top of everything, including taking-in everbody else's children {and foreign exchange students too}) told me today that she's been there. WHAT!?!?!? It felt so good to hear that!! Misery does love company, my friends. LOL I just wonder why she couldn't have told me that before, it would have saved me a whole lot of beating myself up! Because if she has been there, then I HAVE to surmise that every mom has. At least, every mom who doesn't have help. Or most.
Not that I've been busy doing laundry the past week, but I have spent today dwelling on the sinking feeling this mess is giving me! (That's productive, hah!) I haven't exactly been sitting around doing nothing either. (Oh the joy that would be!) Our TV stopped working and I realized that I'm actually craving it, isn't that terrible!? (But I have a sick toddler with no TV... how will I keep his mind off his sorrows for yet ANOTHER day without at least one sitting of Baby Einstein or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!?!)
None of this is explaining why I've been missing from the blogosphere. I guess the answer is, with all the building up housework and bills and everything else I have to do, along with my precious little ones who fill my days (& whose days I strive to fill), ... I just haven't been able to bring myself here to write lately!
And now that I have, I'm really not liking what's coming out!!! LOL So my moment of dreariness is forever recorded in bloggy history. That's what I get for writing when I should be cleaning! Or sleeping! So I will end on a brighter note... The charity scrapbooking event (Fantasyland Crop) that my mom, sister & I participated in over the weekend raised >$6,000 for Rady Children's Hospital Oncology Unit!! (Final totals not in yet). It was a blast and very exciting to raise money for such a wonderful cause. Woo Hoo!
Okay, back to MIA... (AKA: consoling crying babies, trying to catch up, working, yes I'm back to work, and reading/playingwith/feeding/raising/nurturing my babies!)
I'll try to come back soon! *HUGS*
4/14 EDITED TO ADD:
THE NEW TOTAL FOR THE FUNDS RAISED AT THE EVENT IS $10,829! A PORTION OF THAT IS FOR THE BOYS & GIRLS CLUB (I'M GUESSING ~$2,500 OR SO BASED ON THE PRELIMINARY TOTALS AT THE EVENT... WE GOT TO CHOOSE WHICH CAUSE OUR MONEY WOULD GO TO) - THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE CHOSE CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL ONCOLOGY UNIT.
THERE ARE THREE *GREAT* RAFFLES THAT WE KICKED OFF AT THE EVENT- I THOUGHT I'D PASS THEM ALONG IN CASE ANYBOY IS INTERESTED.
1- A CRICUT MACHINE, ($300 VALUE)
2- WALL PORTRAIT OF YOUR CHILD, HAND EMBELLISHED, ($1000 VALUE)
3- AN AMAZING PROFESSIONALLY PAINTED FAMILY PORTRAIT ($3000 VALUE)
CHECK THEM OUT &/OR ENTER HERE.
7 comments:
oh megan...you are so transparent & just a beautiful person! =) EVERY MOTHER HAS BEEN WHERE YOU ARE!!!!!!!!! for sure. just take heart in that. i have been there and we ALL have! you are an amazing person, friend, sister, wife, daughter, and mommy!!!! everyone who knows you is blessed to have you in their life. i love you, girlie!!! i miss you lots, too! xoxo
You are so sweet! I have greatly enjoyed visiting your blog, but I TOTALLY get you needing to step away. If I e-mailed you pictures of my home, you would immediately feel MUCH better about yourself!!! Just be sure you remember, your worth is not found in how clean your home is or in how much you accomplish in a day. You just keep hangin' on to the truth of His Word and who He says you are in Him!
If you do start up blogging again some time, swing by my place and let me know. :)
Blessings, sweet Megan!
As we all out ourselves here, you can clearly see we have ALL been there, and you are NOT alone. I too struggle with the balance. Most women do, and then they feel awful that they find it hard to keep up. It's not always easy. A home, a family, daily life all take time and attention. Don't beat yourself up. It gets easier, as the kids get older. Focus on the boys, I'm sure the house is clean enough. Sometimes that has to be good enough. If you find any books by Emilie Barnes read them. She is a Christian, and her reading is light but honest, and encouraging for mothers and wives. One little thing she relates from when she was young and struggling...
Everyone has dirty dishes in the sink at some point. Fill the sink with water and soap, then light a candle beside it. The dishes will still be there, but with the bubbles and the candle, it'll be a prettier sight, and you'll feel better.
m, there are approximately five million things all over my living room floor right now! it can feel so overwhelming...thank you for being so honest...being MIA is understandable..i hope your toddler feels better soon!
love
jess
I can say this fairly confidently, that if I took on a tour of my house right now...and most days...you would feel a ton better. our house looks like we should be contacting FEMA, to pharaphase...like a tornado struck. You are most certainly NOT alone.
((HUGS))
Megan,
I your heart is just precious. You are a perfect mommy. Don't worry that this will last forever, how you are feeling, because it won't. I can't promise that your house will be clean anytime soon, nor can I promise that your lack of sleep will get better in the near future either. But this too shall pass, it really will. I remember so many women telling me to hang on to these moments, they don't last forever. I really wanted to punch them in the nose. I remember one evening just crying after getting up with my youngest who in the middle of the night had decided to shoot his poop all over me like a monkey in a zoo, while I was changing his diaper. That was the last straw for me! I crumbled. I now look back and laugh...
Hang in there my friend. I know you will be back and I do hope when you get an extra moment you take time for you. Take a bath, call a friend, most importantly get in the Word, even if it is only just reading the Prover or Psalm of the day. Once you are fed spiritually, the rest can fall, you will be stronger from those few moments than any full nights rest, I promise you that!
Praying for you meg!!!
Love you! Joanne
p.s. SO sorry this is so long.
I know this is a month late but I just wanted to say thanks for supporting us in Uganda. It was great to know we had friends out there praying and there for us. I just wanted to say thanks. H
Post a Comment