There-- DONE! Isn't it BEAUTIFUL!?!?! I took a few pictures- one with star, one without star- to compare since I couldn't decide. So fastforward an hour, Austin is snoozing in his carseat-swing, and I had just brought Jake across the room to get something off the couch- when behind us we hear a *CRASH!*
And turn around (my heart jumps out of my chest for a second) our 8-ft Christmas tree ON THE GROUND and (relief) Austin still sound asleep in his swing, about ONE INCH from the fallen tree. The tip of the tree was actually touching his seat. So a second of shock passed, (and I'm saying BOOM! so Jake doesn't get scared, and he repeats BOOM BOOM!)... we're all okay thankfully, and I'm alone with a big tree across my living room- and I'm trying to figure out what to do... and it comes to me! That's it! Snap a few pictures, of course! LOL
Anyways, there's my tree. (Sad!) I finally decorated it and only got to enjoy it for about an hour! Kevin wasn't going to be home until the next night, so a neighbor came over to help me get the tree back up, mop up the water (which already started to damage the hard wood floors), and sweep up the broken glass.
So since the star-or-no-star question is kinda out (I'm not going near that tree again!)... Here's the other little poll. Which mantle decor do you prefer? (Double click to enlarge.) I think Kevin likes the one with family pics... I like it too, but I really want to use my berry garland somewhere too!

Well, Merry Christmas my friends! Hope you are all well!
P.S. I forgot to say, I DIDN'T DO IT! I really truely barely touched the tree during decorating! :) It wasn't crooked when we bought it, but he must have trimmed the stem slanted because it was when we brought it home! We had a few magazines under the stand to make it more straight. It felt sturdy. (scarey!) Well now it's even more majorly crooked, but very sturdy (no compensating for the crookedness, at the risk of making it potentially unstable)- and we aimed the crooked part into the little window nook so IF it were to fall (unlikely, we pushed on it hard), it'll go towards the window nook... and this means the big HOLE in the back of the tree is now in the front. But I dont' care, because it's better to be safe than pretty (& sorry). (huh? I knew what I meant)
1 comment:
I agree the second picture, with all the pictures looks the best.
Wow, on the Christmas tree. I'm so glad it didn't disturb the baby. Wew, good call on the star!
What kind of tree stand do you have? We got a big plastic thing with about 8 screw in holder thing-a-ma-gigs that makes the base pretty sturdy even when the tree isn't perfectly straight. I put the tree up one year by myself, and it had quite the lean...and up against the corner it went that year.
Post a Comment