9.20.2007


A work-in-progress!

Well, here are the shorties that are almost done! I used a single-crochet bind off, and as you can see, it created an edge that tapers *inward*! OOPS! I think the leg-holes are too small! So my improvisation will be creating a few more rows to lay in where I would be seaming up the legs-- hopefully this will widen the legs without making it look too funky! I've never done anything like this, so we'll see how it turns out. {{I forgot, when I made the last pair (longies), someone told me to add an extra crochet stitch between each one as you bind off... I think next time I'll add 2!}}

P.S. Another cloth-diaper related mention... Tonight I put Jake in his new wool cover (Imse Vimse Bumpy Wool Wrap). Anybody ever tried this one? What do you think about it? I got a size Lg which is supposed to fit I think 20-27 lb (?). {Jake is between 21 & 22lb} I'm so surprised at how low the rise is on it!!! I almost want to take it back! It wouldn't adequately cover a CPF (prefold)!! That may be because I had two doublers in it, but many people do that at night and there should be room for it. So I changed the setup before I put him down for bed... I put him in the thinnest cotton fitted we own (Gabys) and 2 doublers (one thin cotton Thirsties & one thicker Kissaluvs super soaker)... the cover fit better over that, but I'm hoping that we have enough absorbancy! I'll be so excited if it works!!!

3 comments:

Ashleigh Baker said...

Those are so cute! Now... I've never used shorties... do you use them kinda like a cover? Or just as pants for pants' sake? :)

Angoraknitter said...

With Peter I used to fold down his Pre-folds in the front, so it would fit the rise. But it was completely adequate for him...he had not butt to speak up....so I don't know. He was pretty skiny, but with a big bot belly. The XL are even taller in the front...but unless the L experiences shrinking it usually still fit too. Hard to describe without a picture.

Megan said...

I've never used shorties either- they're kinda funny looking but I ran out of yarn so couldn't make longies! {Personally I think shorties are cuter on girls. And baby boys, but I like my little cargo shorts & stuff for my bigger baby boy. Picky!} I'll just be using them as a diaper cover, but I like that I can pair them with a shirt and let him wear it around too without feeling like I'm letting him run around in his 'diaper' all the time! Me and my naked baby- at least this "cover" will be part of an outfit! haha Last winter I had a few pairs of longies that I used on Jake when it was cold. Mine were not the cute-ist, fashion wise... homemade and pretty tight... I've seen some really cute ones! (Especially for girls, but also for boys)-- so he only wore them around the house or on errands... but this xmas I'm buying some cranky pants longies, have you heard of them? (www.crankypantshome.com) They're my FAVORITE!!!!!! I love the designs and the way the style isn't like leggings, but is more like tapered-leg pants. So cute!