
And a Disneyland smile!
(P.S. the disneyland smile is actually in the parking lot... so it's a bit of false advertising. He has a "puzzled" look in most of the other pics!)
Except for this one! This is probably my favorite picture... Look at that smile on Jake's face! His favorite part of Disney was Toon Town, for sure! Especially walking through Mickey Mouse's house. I was bummed that Mickey wasn't there today!
He liked playing on Pluto's bed, and when we stepped out we saw Goofy so he got to meet him and he gave him five.
So how did he like Disneyland? It was a mix... here's the quick version. He was terrified during the first half of Pirates, and then fell asleep during the 2nd half. We had to leave during the Enchanted Tiki Room, which I thought he would love. He tolerated the Pinocchio ride with just a few cries. Enjoyed the carousel. Was entranced by Small World. And, surprisingly, he almost liked the Roger Rabbit ride- which was the jerky-est and loudest of them all.
On the Tea Cups, he and Will were more interested in playing with eachother than anything else,
but Jake enjoyed quietly looking around during all the spinning. All-in-all, Jake just didn't seem to know *what* to think of Disneyland! But I think he enjoyed taking in all the sights, especially the pleasant rides (Small World, and Toon Town.) 
Julie & I were laughing about how all the "kiddie" rides are really mostly scarey! What is that all about?!? Snow White is mostly dark and creepy with about 15 scarey witch scenes, and then you see about TWO happy scenes with Snow White & the dwarfs!
Well, that was our picture diary of Jake's 1st Disneyland trip. I want to take him again real soon! He would love the parade! Hope you all had a great day. I'm done for the week... it was fun, but tiring! Being 8 months pregnant (P.S. Happy 32-weeks to baby!) and carrying around a 22 pound little man... I'm wiped out! What a fun day... Disneyland has always been one of my favorite places ever!!!
3 comments:
What fun! We still haven't taken Troy yet... we're thinking maybe we'll go when my in-law's are out for Thanksgiving...
this is the perfect age to start taking him to Disneyland. For 3 years with my grandson, we never saw anything but Fantasyland. Casey Jr's train, Storyland Canal boats, Small World, Peter Pan, and the fun stuff. But I agree, the indoor rides can be scary for the little ones!! Thanks for sharing the photos.
Dede
Disneyland got some mixed reviews for us too. It can be a bit much at times.
Post a Comment