
I want to show off our new Mei Tai carrier. It was made by a friend of mine who operates a successful business making (mostly) dresses (Hand Knits by AngoraKnitter). They are absolutely beautiful and I can't wait until I have an excuse to buy some!!! :)
*I did the best at getting pics of myself wearing it, it was quite funny! Couldn't wait for Kevin to get home to take the pix! Jake is teething so he had fun chewing on the material-
For this carrier I chose the fabric (which happened to be double-sided, think: reversible! yay!)- she added a pocket in the back for cell phone, diaper supplies, etc. Jake loves it- it's so comfy for both of us. (The straps criss-cross in the back, dispersing the weight more evenly on my back than the traditional back-pack style carriers I've tried). AND (this is huge), it's soooo easy to put on!!! We love our Snugli front/back pack carrier, but it has so many clips,cords,strings,fasteners,clasps... I don't let anybody else wear it because I finally got it adjusted to me and I don't want to have to figure it out again! LOL So I love my new carrier... it's so easy, cute, stylish, comfy, and versatile! (You can do back, front, and side carries- to name a few). Thank you, S! (AngoraKnitter)

P.S. I love buying things from WAHMs (work at home moms). I recently bought a gift for a friend of mine who is having a baby girl. A darling little headband/bow from the creator of Tickly Toes Boutique. Since the website isn't totally up and running, here are some pictures of her darling daughter wearing her headbands. (Posted with her permission). I had problems getting the pic of the one I got (a cute funky headband with a double-bow on it... but just imagine how cute it is!



3 comments:
darling!!! where do you find these sites, megan??
I went to high school with the gal who made the mei tai, and she is actually the one who introduced me to Diaper Swappers (a site devoted to all things cloth diapering). But on that site, there are a ton of WAHMs who make everything from handmade soaps to slings to clothes... it's a very cool place to network and find great stuff (while supporting home businesses too)!
Ah, it feels so good to see the mei tain in action. I always worry until I can see that it fits, it works, and the customer loves it. That one was awesome though, you have great taste in fabrics!
Post a Comment